We are glad to release an updated stable ReachView v2.24! This is the first stable release that supports ReachView 3 Beta. We’ve made some key stability improvements that provide more robust behavior when saving collected points as well as reducing the time to fix on RS+ compared to the older firmware versions.
Here is the whole list of improvements and fixes you can find in this release.
- Allow using special characters like “/” in the NTRIP credentials
- Add the recovery for surveying projects
- Deprecate Bluetooth scanning initiated on the device
- Support shutdown on the bottom connector on RS+
- Add the ability to access from public IP
- Drop RTCM2 support in Correction Input and Position Output tabs
- Add shutdown indication when in night mode
- RTK performance improvements
- Restart RTK engine if the correction input was updated (available on all L1 devices)
- Fix the issue when the position might get lost when the mobile data is lost
- Allow setting up the output rate to 0.1 Hz only for 1006 RTCM3 message
- Eliminate some rare hotspot drops when a SIM card is inserted
- Get sound notifications on volume change back
- Fix ‘Send NMEA’ checkbox glitch
- Fix some Bluetooth related issues on device loading
- Fix hiding manual mode when the base coordinates are received
- Fix selected logs removal when leaving the Logging tab
- Fix incorrectly processed antenna height from some NTRIP providers
- Fix status tab units formatting
- Fix LoRa constraints for Thailand and Indonesia
- Fix misbehavior with the toggle on the Bluetooth tab
- Fix caching survey projects and logs with the same name
- Fix the “unsaved” label on the RTK Settings tab
This release is available for all devices.
- Some NTRIP casters send legacy RTCM messages that are now correctly handled on Reach RS2
- Some of our users reported the issues with having their Reach advertise itself as linux.local rather <reach>.local. This issue is now gone.
- Loosen LoRa frequency restrictions in Malaysia
- Fix NTRIP mount point list disappearing after refreshing the ReachView page.
- Improve the look and feel of web-based tabs in ReachView3
- Support for USB-Ethernet adapters including ASIX AX88xxx on Reach RS2 and Reach M2
- Fix ‘Update ReachView’ button’s behavior that redirected to a service page
Unfortunately, the ‘Update ReachView’ button redirects to the service page when you try to update from v2.24.0. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please use one of the following ways to update the firmware:
- Clicking on the update notification in the Status Tab
- <reach_ip>:5000 to update - that is, update directly via Updater page
- Download the v2.24.2 image and install it via Reach Firmware Flash Tool.