mDNS and LLMNR again

Hi all.

I’m just upgraded my Reach modules to version v2.24.0 and the mDNS stopped working. I can access by IP, but no with the name.local that I assigned to the modules.

This don’t happen using windows as client, but with macos, ios and linux I can’t connect using name.local option. In windows the .local name resolves an IPv6 address.

Analyzing the problem, I detect that I can access by the name linux.local but no with reach.local or my personal name. I can detect my personal name in my network using the LLMNR protocol, but no with mDNS. This is like the device has two names, linux.local fixed on mDNS and other in LLMNR.

This behavior is annoying, because I have two devices in the same network and both of them are called linux.local and I’m using linux as a client for the modules. Also the LLMNR protocol isn’t safe to use.

I hope you can helpme to change the mDNS name.

Best regards.

This problem was solved (old topic: mDNS and LLMNR) in but today I upgraded v2.24.0 and the problem repeats.

I’ve noticed some changes as well (I think somewhere around v2.22). I had to access the device with <reach>.lan (before it was <reach>.local)
Anyways, since I needed discovery as well, and someone requested something similar: Reachview3 app for windows (Feature Request)
I made a discovery tool ‘to verify it works’, here RS2/ReachModule devices with v2.24.0 are discovered through mDNS (iirc) (linux & windows)

1 Like

Hi David,

We were able to reproduce the issue. It is reported to our devs.

I’ll keep you posted once there’ll be an update.

Hi David,

We’ve fixed this bug on the latest firmware version, v.2.24.2 Now, your Reach units should be detected as reach-name.local.

You can update your Reach Module by the following methods:

  • Paste Reach’s IP to browser prompt with a :5000 at the end and check for the updates there

  • Click the following note in the Status tab:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.