Reference: RTCM3 message types

RTCM3 options available in ReachView’s Base mode

RTCM Version 3 defines a number of message types. Messages that may be of interest here are:

Type 1002, GPS L1 code and phase and ambiguities and carrier-to-noise ratio.
Type 1006, Station coordinates XYZ for antenna reference point and antenna height.
Type 1008, Antenna serial number.
Type 1010, GLONASS L1 code and phase and ambiguities and carrier-to-noise ratio.
Type 1019, GPS ephemeris.
Type 1020, GLONASS ephemeris.

The following are so-called ‘Multiple Signal Messages’ (MSM):

Type 1127, Full BeiDou pseudo-ranges, carrier phases, Doppler and signal strength (high resolution)

The following are proposed ‘Multiple Signal Messages’ (MSM) under discussion for standardization:

Type 1107, Full SBAS pseudo-ranges, carrier phases, Doppler and signal strength (high resolution)
Type 1117, Full QZSS pseudo-ranges, carrier phases, Doppler and signal strength (high resolution)

This is an exerpt from the full list found in this document: http://acc.igs.org/misc/bnchelp.pdf

6 Likes

I have described a way to enable MSM messages for GPS/GLONASS/GALILEO in ReachView:

2 Likes

I have been working with the Reach lately and there is currently an update happening with the AusCORS network where they are changing from RTCM3.1 to RTCM3.2 MSM broadcasts. I haven’t had any luck connecting to existing stations that broadcast RTCM3.2 MSM, and they are pushing out this update over the next four weeks, thereafter 3.1 will be no longer accessible.

I’m currently running ReachView 1.2 and have had no luck flashing the beta (although I will try again) but I am wondering if this update has implemented the capability to receive 3.2 data, or if not, is that an update that is likely to be coming?

Or is the walkthrough you have provided above the current only option to access RTCM3.2 MSM?

1 Like

I also have experienced this problem! I have a cors stn within 1km of my jobsite by i have to use one 25kms away because my nearest sends only rtcm 3.2. My understanding is that there is very little difference between 3.2 and 3.1 messages and i couldnt resolve this issue. Is anyone on the forum using reach in rtk rover mode connected to a cors base via ntrip using rtcm 3.2? If so please could you please post ur settings…

@hedges_64 @Pat_Blake Could you please upload logs of the correction data? We will take a look at what could be wrong.

May i know if the Reach module is able to receive correction data in RTCM 3.2 formats? I’ve connected to existing stations that broadcast in RTCT3.1 and i am able to get corrected solutions but with stations in RTCM3.2 only Single solutions are possible (no grey SNR bars as well)

any advise please? Thanks.

@slim

Could you please send us a log of incoming RTCM3.2 corrections so that we can check?