Meet Reach RS: field-ready RTK GNSS receiver

Thank you for the answer. And about app’s to get the points do you recomend to use with this configuration ? Or the reachview is able to make it?!

It’s mean lora from reach could be used for reach rtk kit?

Hi i plan on using this mainly for collecting ground control point data for aerial mapping.
My first question is how will I pinpoint the unit directly over the GCP? will i need a survey pole with a bubble level and how long will it need to be at the GCP to collect the data ?

@pvargues we are working on point collections feature in ReachView. Alternatively, you can set ReachView to output NMEA solution to survey software that supports NMEA input and work there.

@dicky yes, it can be used with two reach modules too.

@Ramiro_Massa survey pole with tribrach should do. The time depends on your local environment and mode you’re working in.

I want to try lora for my reach rtk module since a year ago, and I will waiting for it from emlid. Awesome…

Ok… Nice…anyone tryed it with mobile topographer pro or you recomend another apps?!

Mobile topographer works very well.
Several users have posted about it in here. A quick search will show you :slight_smile:

I recommend to use reach rtk module with mobile topographer pro, I use it for my survey activity. Believe me, it’s work. :wink:

Thanks dicky.
Ive preordered reach rs. And i will try it with mobile topographer for sure…

That’s great.

But I guess (just guess no foresee) @emlid would publish a complete application for gps rtk survey. I don’t know but I’m sure.

I hope…

I came looking for this thread to see if people had recommendations for an android app that would effectively harness the power of the RS. I had not liked any of the apps I tried when playing with NTRIP data with my current Reach base station recently. Thanks for the heads up about mobile topographer pro.

hi! Congratulations to this!

i dont think that i am on the list to get one for free… :grinning:

my question is: which lora module do you use in reach rs. what is the max range of it?

i am not happy with my rfd900 because the coverage is to less.

best regards
andreas

@Andreas_Ortner Thanks! The module we are using is going to be offered in our shop soon.
During our tests we had ground-to-ground communication between the units on a distance of 6 kilometers in suburban area. Should be even farther with line of sight. Of course, the distance very much depends on the environment.

2 Likes

Hello, i love the look of the unit, i am curious other than connecting via RTKLIB, is there any plans to connect with a standard data logger? for collecting control points. in RTK mode.

@HELImetrex Point collection is coming to ReachView, but meanwhile you can use apps like Mobile Topographer Pro on Android.

3 Likes

Hi Igor, Thanks for that , i’ll install and see how it goes, also i have a few issues trying to connect via my Galaxy Tab, just wondering if there was any information on Bluetooth connections? i have seen it for the old reach view but not the new one.

Ray, please create a new topic and we will assist you with the Bluetooth. This thread is dedicated to RS launch :slight_smile:

1 Like

Teaser pics of a Reach RS pre-production sample which was graciously provided by the fine folks at Emlid:

Hopefully Emlid doesn’t sue me for putting their logo in there, but I was short 1 picture :wink:

edit: more pics here
https://community.emlid.com/t/sneak-peek-unboxing-the-new-reach-rs/4954/3

3 Likes

Check this out…

@HELImetrex Point collection is coming to ReachView, but meanwhile you can use apps like Mobile Topographer Pro on Android.

That is great news.

Any chance ReachView would then allow custom base maps? I purchased mobile topographer, which is OK, but still lacks some of the features like this that I would really like. I would like to be able to use base maps produced by our reach-equipped drone to be able to serve as higher resolution maps when collecting terrestrial points with an RS. I have been able to make this work with SurvPC on a PC tablet in the past, but was disappointed that it is not, I think, possible in any android app.