Meet Reach RS: field-ready RTK GNSS receiver

Very excited to get my hands on the RS and see how it simplifies set-up and operation.

That, and I’m ashamed to say that moving away from the DIY plastic base and rover containers to such good-looking gear will give me a certain amount of instant credibility from all who lay their eyes upon it!

1 Like

Yeah… it wasnt looking so good for my DIY as well.
I had handwritten Rover RTK and Base RTK on the plastic lunchbox cover…It wasnt looking all the convincing :joy:

1 Like

The only problem that I forsee now is that it looks too professional! What I mean by that is when passing through customs I can get away with the Reach shoved in my bag. Now this thing is going to attract the wrong type of attention from customs officials!

2 Likes

I will glady swap your RS with mine less DIY RS lunchbox…

3 Likes

Ha ha! Believe me when I say that I will cherish this one! No Reach Rs is going to be left unattended on top of a mountain, thats for sure!

2 Likes

40Volt??
does not that could burn reach module?
What tallysman antenna it use?
And what is the case size?

@dicky there is no Reach module inside, there is a special PCB for the RS. And it will gladly take up to 40V inout voltage. Antenna is TW2706. Case side is 145mm.

1 Like

14.5cm. Is that box case for reach RS, antenna, and pole adaptor?

Carry case dimensions are: 265x210x135mm
Dimensions of the cardboard box: 270x215x140mm

Is that really can be applied?
That’s raining right?

I believe, but just want to convince my self.

Yes, rain should not do any harm to Reach RS. But keep in mind that heavy rain and clouds may affect signal reception.

So it’s suitable for rooftop base station without very long cable. That’s very simple base station while other base station still use very long and big cable.
Awesome…:+1:

Well, for permanent roof installations I’d still recommend to use an antenna with a long cable and a separate receiver since it is a more flexible approach.

1 Like

What about the ReachView, is that same with reach rtk kit, the menu and all tools?

yes,RS and Reach use the same layout with the same buttons and dots.
I did read somewhere that it would be getting the same updates as reach… Not sure where i read that

I think it will be a great new product. I think to make it most versatile/appealing for those that have already been testing the current reach it would be nice to see a kit which simply included: a pre-configured compatible radio kit for our current reach units and a new Reach RS. Allowing for a plug and play situation. It would allow us to maintain our current Reach boards as a stationary/permanent base while using the Reach RS as Rover.

2 Likes

Yes, same Reach View but with a bit more options on Reach RS due to battery and LoRa :slight_smile:

1 Like

@surveyor easy usage of Reach RS together with Reach module is one of our main goals. We are going to offer LoRa radio with a cable for Reach module in our shop very soon.

4 Likes

Hi everyone. Im new here. I would lime to know if it is possible to use reach rs as a rover conected to a tablet receiving corrections from a ntrip network via 3g to survey points as GCP’s for aerial survey.
It will be easy to confire that like i asked ??! Thank you very much

@pvargues Reach RS is perfectly suited for this use case scenario. You can simply create a hotspot on your tablet/smartphone and Reach RS will be able to connect to it and get access to the Internet and NTRIP caster.

2 Likes