Unable to locate package ros

Hello community,

I just bought a navio2 and installed it on raspberry pi 4, and I put the os that gives emblid configured
I tried to follow that tutorial:
https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/ros-cartographer-slam.html

but when wanting to install the dependencies to the os that brings the default image(raspbian buster) and ros version (NOETIC) I always the following errors:

Reading package lists … Donate
Building dependency tree
Reading state information … Donate
E: Unable to locate package ros-kinetic-tf
E: Unable to locate package ros-kinetic-tf-conversions
E: Unable to locate package ros-kinetic-laser-geometry

I run the following to install it:
sudo apt-get install ros-noetic-tf ros-noetic-tf-conversions ros-noetic-laser-geometry

thanks for you help

Hi Jaime,

Thanks for your patience. We’re checking what could be the issue with the ROS package installation. We’ll be in touch once there’s news.

thanks @polina.buriak I will be pending.

Another question is it possible to use the navio 2 and its entire environment in Ubuntu 18.4? if is posible where can i find the guide

Not supported by Emlid but there is some work in progress: https://community.emlid.com/t/navio2-support-for-ubuntu-20-04/19956

Which version of ROS do you have installed? Noetic or Kinetic?

First I wanted to work in Noetic with the navio 2 but, i Found limitations with the noetic i thining work with melodic

@gio.widow were you able to fix the issue? thanks

Hi @gio.widow, @pkot

We’ve written the small bash-script that allows installing unsupported ROS packages. Please check your PM; I’ll share it there.

Also, we’ll add it to our docs for easier access.

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko
I have similar problem with installing ROS packages.
Could you share the script please?

Hi Nuthasith,

Sure. Please check your PM.

1 Like

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko, any chance you’d be able to share the script or upload it to the docs

Hi @curiosityrover,

Yes, we have plans on adding this script to the docs. If you need the solution urgently, please let me know.

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko, yes please. If you could share the script, that’d be awesome

Sure, please check your PM.

If the packages cannot be installed using APT, you may clone them ( the sources) into your workspace ‘catkin_ws/src/’. Then you can build them by catkin_make.

Hi @svetlana.nikolenko,
Can you share the script with me as well?

Thanks!

Hi Nick,

We’ve just added this script to our GitHub repository. You can clone it using this command:

git clone https://github.com/emlid/Navio2.git
cd Navio2

The script for ROS packages can be found in the Utilities/ROS-packages folder.

For example, to install tf, tf_conversions, and laser_geometry packages, use this command:

sudo apt-get update 
bash install-ROS-packages.sh  "tf tf_conversions laser_geometry"

We’ll describe this process in docs in the future. In the meantime, please let me know if something isn’t clear enough.

2 Likes

That worked great! Thank you so much.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.