Unable to locate package ros Navigation

Hello everyone!

I hope you are well.

I am currently working with a Raspberry Pi 4 and ROS Noetic to perform autonomous navigation. However, I’ve been having trouble trying to install the dependencies needed for this.

I found a thread where they shared a script that seems to help install these dependencies:

Apparently, I was able to install all the dependencies, but I’m having trouble with one called “navigation”. When I check the /opt/ros/lib folder, all the other dependencies are installed except this one. This is causing an error when I try to perform my catkin build on my workspace.

I have followed the steps in the above thread, but it looks like I might be making an error when running the code that installs this dependency. According to the attached thread, the command would look something like this:

bash install-ROS-packages.sh “navigation”

I would appreciate any help or suggestions you can offer, thank you very much!
@svetlana.nikolenko

Hi Omar,

Welcome to the forum!

We haven’t tested this particular dependency, so I can hardly suggest anything specific. It’s difficult to determine the exact reason currently; it could be that the changes in the package led to the error. Maybe, someone from our users who’s experienced with it can advise something.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.