Picked up a new RS2 to use as a base with my RS+

Hi @Cowboys703,

I get you. This is not an obvious thing. Let’s try to get around it somehow.

I see that your planned surveying sites are pretty harsh. Very forested areas are too hard for any GNSS receivers. Usually, it’s a long way to get even a sub-cm accuracy. You might indeed think of additional, non-satellites-based solutions.

You can, of course, go with the Reach M2 option. Though not initially designed for the ground surveying, it can work just fine. Still, you will need to create a setup that works best for you. You can take inspiration from the installations our users shared. Couple of threads to take a look at:

This is just a small portion of all solution you can come across. Such placements make it possible to survey the separate points with the receiver. Of course, all of this requires getting hands-on with it.

Also, the transfer of corrections is of great importance. Heavily covered area means there are a lot of obstacles between the base and rover receivers. To eliminate them, you can:

• use more powerful radios on both your base and rover
  • use Internet connection, if it’s possible

With RS2 + RS+ and LoRa, Fix solution in forestry area is a bit of a wild expectation. If you can work with the sub-meter accuracy, though, this is something you can achieve.

2 Likes