Emlid

Community Forum

Affordable way to integrate Reach M+ with DJI Phantom

(WSURVEY) #103

Thanks for that Konstantin.

How is the Emlid C1 port connector attached to the bare wire ends? or is that part up to the user?

Spares? supply one extra?

I’m going to request to my boss for a purchase.

(Konstantin) #104

JST GH5 connector is in set with AShot.
Don’t worry, you will not solder anything)

(Tobias Dahms) #105

Hi,
I have compiled the existing code so that it is availible. It is based on the “CUSTOM.isPhoto” field. Anyhow, to only way I see to get it usable is to look into the DAT files as described in my post above.

(Konstantin) #106

Hello friends.
We start mass production of AShot board. Soon we will make shipments to our preorder customers. Thanks for preorders.

And we start mass production of GNSS drone with AShot: Teodrone - the name is TEOdolit and DRONE ))

We have sell it to our customers in Russia and received a lot of good feedbacks.
Please see photos of Teodrone. It is excellent, isn’t it? )))

(Kungaa Mergen) #107

Hi there. Looks nice. What antenna are you using? Is it hard to install such kind of antenna by yourself?

(Konstantin) #108

Hi,
Antenna is spiral GNSS L1 from Stoton factory.
About installation - it is not easy ((

Our engineer spends a little more than five hours installing equipment into a copter.
There is a high probability to break something if you are not a professional.

But we will help AShot buyers to install it and GNSS equipment to DJI Phantom 4 adv|pro.

(Kungaa Mergen) #109

Thanks for reply. Found antenna on aliexpress for 75 bucks. It has different name tho, but I guess same antenna sold under different names. Price seems reasonable if you want to get neat Phantom 4 RTK-like design.

Ok, I guess I’m sold, because Phantom 4 RTK where I live costs almost 4 times more than what I would spend on Phantom 4 Adv+Ashot+Reach M+antenna. Idk about other people, but for me neat design is extra selling point. Ordered Ashot, looking forward for delivery and instructions.

(Pascal) #110

do you have video of the installation ?
thanks

(Hector) #111

Regards,
a question can be installed in a unit Rech RTK?
thanks

(Konstantin) #112

in Phantom 4 pro there is enough space for Lora radio installation.
But I dont see the reason to install it, becuase you will need to stop in each photo for 3-5 seconds to receive FIX with RTK.

(Konstantin) #113

video of AShot installation? Will available soon.

(Tobias Dahms) #114

I think there are different manufacturers for such helix type antennas. Emlid also used such a model. I think you can see it in several videos.

http://www.comnavtech.com/download/Helix%20Antenna%20Series-EN.pdf

(Pascal) #115

That is very needed to have an idea of the complexity or ease of the operation

(Konstantin) #116

May be I will make video about assemling the Teodrone.

(Michael Lambert) #117

Yes, but you won’t see much of an advantage and will probably end up PPK anyway. It is nice though that with the Emlid setup you can run both and still have that option.

Unlike the DJI P4P RTK. You have to turn off RTK in there system in order to get all the info you need for PPK. Plus, if you are relying on the RTK to fix the entire time and aren’t doing any PPK then you will be upset when the RTK fix drops.