Affordable way to integrate Reach M+ with DJI Phantom

Tomorrow I can share DAT file too.
Need I download it from Ph4pro or from iphone?

1 Like

From P4P via USB cable using the Assistant 2 for Phantom.

The procedure is described here:
http://www.datfile.net/DatCon/retrieveV3Dat.html

Ok, thanks, tomorrow I will download it.

Has anyone compared/looked at the Litchi flight log time stamps? Here is how mine read out. Time in UTC, istakingphoto 0 or 1, and another timestamp unknown to me to 13 digits. Not sure if any utility here.

A thread in regards to Litchi logs:

Up to now I find the dat files most interesting. But up to now I did not find

• the event which equals a picture or
  • the event which equals the led activation and
  • the UTC time or any comparable time

If some one has some ideas on these points I would be very happy.
Otherwise I will implement the version with the txt file but that is not very helpful I think.

Hi friend.

My DAT file of all flights 11 of March 2019.
https://yadi.sk/d/t-BKpzVc_U1WoA

I dont know which flight was test ((((

2 Likes

From Litchi:

“The timestamp in the Litchi flight log can not be used for any precision work. It is the time when Litchi receives data from the SDK, which itself receives data from the drone. This means there is a delay between any of the drone’s action and the actual log time.”

Yes, that is what I thought. I think the only potentially accurate log is the dat log. But I have no idea how to sync the log entries with UTC time and which message equals a picture.

Please see my DAT file above.
And you can compare it with AShot timemarks from UBX data.

Yes, I’m comparing a dat file with known events.

I think the command we are looking for is " 9887 [L-CMD]call exec_fc_v2_special_function" I think this command activates/deactivates the led.

Unfortunately this is a generic description for several commands. In order to use the command my script must be altered or a script must be written to do the following things:

• convert the dat file
  • load the image time from the exif of the images
  • get ms resolution in the converted dat file by comparing the gps time stamp and the time offset.
  • search for the corresponding [L-CMD… in the converted dat file
  • add the ms from the [L-CMD to the image time
  • write the image time to the obs file

It would be nice if someone could check Konstantins dat file whether my idea is good. It would but it would need some serious time to write the script. So if someone is interested in the solution please rise your voice…

@timmyd I think it makes no sense to integrate the messages fom the txt file into the RINEX file. But I’m willing to stick to my promise if you are still interested. If you are interested please tell me which file (DJI, MapPilot) and which message I should use.

Konstantin,

how long is the length of cable you supply with your board? How hard will spares be to obtain if someone breaks a cable? could you supply the board with some spare cables?

Hey Tobias, the original idea was that a very precise and consistent TS could be pulled from the log file. I thought this would get rid of any inconsistencies that exist using the LED blink sensor method. I have ordered the Ashot and it will solve my problems. I wanted to find a good solution in case someone could not buy the Ashot. But the Ashot solves two problems (inconsistent photo gaps and inaccurate time stamps.

To know if this is even worth pursuing we must first know if the FlightLog records are consistently precise by comparing the TS values provided by the Ashot and the TS values in the Flight Record. If there is a pattern of exact matching and consistency, then I think it would be a worthwhile endeavor. @VanavaraDigital is going to be checking that sometime so we can wait to see those results. Thank you for looking into this.

Please see photo.

1 Like

Thanks for that Konstantin.

How is the Emlid C1 port connector attached to the bare wire ends? or is that part up to the user?

Spares? supply one extra?

I’m going to request to my boss for a purchase.

JST GH5 connector is in set with AShot.
Don’t worry, you will not solder anything)

Hi,
I have compiled the existing code so that it is availible. It is based on the “CUSTOM.isPhoto” field. Anyhow, to only way I see to get it usable is to look into the DAT files as described in my post above.

Hello friends.
We start mass production of AShot board. Soon we will make shipments to our preorder customers. Thanks for preorders.

And we start mass production of GNSS drone with AShot: Teodrone - the name is TEOdolit and DRONE ))

We have sell it to our customers in Russia and received a lot of good feedbacks.
Please see photos of Teodrone. It is excellent, isn’t it? )))

1 Like

Hi there. Looks nice. What antenna are you using? Is it hard to install such kind of antenna by yourself?