Affordable way to integrate Reach M+ with DJI Phantom

Thats great!!!

Good, I will wait for that.

It seems to be the entire connector for camera, so may be one pin is dedicated to leaf shutter motor of IMX183 present in P4P. So best to hope is they use this event directly from motor to redirect time mark record on reach

Shutter motor does not give you good timemark, because it work after shot.
But AShot give timemark in the MIDDLE of the shutter. It is more precise then shutter motor timemark.

I think he is somehow interfering with the CAN protocol commanding the camera to take a shot. This will probably need constant updates to adapt to firmware changes.

Don’t know whether the shutter motor signal is available outside the camera.

1 Like

Shutter motor could not work after event !!! It’s a leaf mechanical shutter so you have event when it’s start triggering until end of shot and that’s it like in Sony RX100 (it’s exactly the same leaf mechanical shutter). You have 0 trigger when shutter is over 1/2000 because it swap from mechanical to electronic shutter (Dji is crap in that way, rx100 are limited to leaf shutter : 1/2000. Don’t know why they have this bad idea to put 1/4000 on p4p)
You have middle due to signal propagation or dji mainboard

No, you are wrong.
in DJI Ph4 pro camera the shutter motor work at the end of shutter.
Please see my diagram. We learn DJI Cameras very well.

You have 0 trigger when shutter is over 1/2000

No, we have Timemark when you dont use Mechanical shutter too.
We dont use motor for timemark.
We use Sensor Bus and DJI Can Bus.

1 Like

Interesting, and you give the command and trigger the event after a fixed offset, right?

No.
We track the sensor command BUS (sensor clock) and know shutter start with precision less then 0.1 ms.
Because we can read CAN bus we know shutter value.
Then we make offset to the middle of the shutter and make timemark to reach m+.

So it means that you found the trigger command not real shutter motor running

We analyze the Sensor signals (Sony Sensor Bus) in real time and know when shutter will Start and know when it will Stop.

2 Likes

Hi, we have finished tests of AShot.
All firmwares are compatible with AShot.
AShot has autodetection which model of drone it was mounted and works perfect on all of DJI Phantom 4 adv pro and V2 series.

Next week we will make shipments to our preorder customers.

This is 4 pro v2 installation photo:

3 Likes

great! what is that simcard slot in the lower right edge of the image? Is that the SD card? It does not look like it is removeable from outside? Is that a spy link to our chinese friends ? :grinning::grinning: Ok I see its the SD card… .

1 Like

If Emlid, you or some creative copycat integrates an ZED-F9T in your next version it will be the best product ever. I want some money for that idea. I guess Emlid should buy you soon. :sob::sob:

Is your teodrone still Emlid based??? Uh, are you selling non Emlid products in an Emlid forum?

Hello!. Is it possible to install on a Phantom 4 (no pro, no advance)?. Thank you.

As I know, it is not possible. Internals of ordinary Phantom 4 are not same with Adv/Pro. Ordinary Phantom 4 closer to Phantom 3 in case of internals, which makes it incompatible with AShot.

1 Like

We have AShot for Ph4 and Ph3, because early we flight with that copters a lot.
But we will not make mass production of Ph4/Ph3 AShot. Sorry.
Only for Ph4 adv|pro|v2 and soon for Mavic 2 pro.

It is DJI “black box” SD card - for logs ( .DAT files )

)))) this idea is not new )))))

If Emlid, you or some creative copycat integrates an ZED-F9T in your next version it will be the best product ever. I want some money for that idea. I guess Emlid should buy you soon. :sob::sob:

Is your goddeone still Emlid based??? Uh, are you selling non Emlid products in an Emlid forum?

I guess so, if it was so special I would not post it here but do it myself… .

1 Like