Wifi password reset and 'connection timed out'

what does that mean?

If you can connect to the receiver by any means you can export the survey as a CSV to get your points. If you had logging turned on like done for use of PPK then you can download those under the Logging menu.

https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/common/reachview/survey/#exporting-data

https://docs.emlid.com/reachrs2/reachview/logging/#downloading

tried downloading a shapefile from export, where does that data get saved by default, can’t find it on phone

and of course, I now have to turn my internet off to allow me to connect to the reach…

I had taken 50+ points, now it says there are 3. WTF?
I could zoom in, pan, see that they all looked correct spatially. And now they are gone.

Oh no! It seems like one that I would have to be in front to troubleshoot. Especially with missing points and setting up surveys and saving them. There were only 3 in the export?

There are only 3 in the project now.
Do they get deleted when you download? The log doesn’t show the points I took this afternoon.
they were there. I took them over course of 1 hour. I 'collect’ed and accept’ed the points. Why were they not saved?

I can’t find the export. I tried to export as shapefile, and dxf. Can’t find either

Have asked where these get saved to by default

I wasted half a day trying to connect, have now wasted half a day’s survey time, and 4 hours trying to get my data. WTF is wrong with this kit? Why is there no proper tech support?

Do I have to do the same tomorrow? And potentially waste another day, this time unpaid?

Have you actually emailed support@emlid.com? It is mostly users here so if you get into a product problem you will need to supply system logs and let them evaluate.

Does dmitriy.ershov not work for emlid?
I can’t supply logs as they aren’t there

They need to be clear about where to ask. Too many companies palm users off on community forums to avoid providing proper support. You’ve been very helpful, thank you, very much appreciated, but emlid are no use.

Logs meaning the System Reports. Yes Dmitriy is, but technically this is more of a user forum and not a company technical support.

Then he should have explicitly said that.
The fact I have to toggle between reach wifi/hotspot whatever it is called, and my internet makes this whole process a nightmare

If I buy kit that is billed as working straight out the box, I expect it to work straight out the box.

For any tech support issues, please consider asking on our community forum. Our experienced forum users and Emlid staff can be quicker to respond there. Thank you!

That is the message I was following

That is understandable and I saw the same statement. You are welcome to post your reports here and we will help as much as we can, but the users are not liable for your trouble so civility goes a long way.

1 Like

Thankyou, that’s appreciated.
I’m not trying to be uncivil and I’m very sorry if my frustration at this kit makes me appear so.
I’ve been trying to get through to tech support,
I thought I was getting help from an emlid staffer, dimitry, which suddenly stopped. If emlid staff are only on here certain hours then would be good if laid those hours up front.

Having to toggle between reach wifi and mobile data makes troubleshooting extremely slow, I cant connect my PC to the reach (tried the IP address and the others suggested) and appear to have lost all my survey data, despite following the tutorials.
Am.just extremely frustrated