Wifi password reset and 'connection timed out'

Wasted half a day

Just clarifying, you are trying to connect a mobile device to a Reach receiver hotspot correct? The term WiFi can be confusing as it is normally used here to refer to connecting the Reach receiver to another source of WiFi that you device is also connected to. Both your device and the receiver would then most likely have another IP range than 192.168.42.x.

Does your mobile device have 3G/4G internet service? If connecting to the Reach hotspot have you tried turning the 4G off when trying to connect? I had this issue.

Did you try to connect from a PC that was connected to the same network as the WiFi router?

I am trying to connect my phone to the Base unit so I can use the gps
I do this by turning on my wifi on phone and selecting the base.
I have now tried this with my mobile data turned off.
Still wont connect

Also, the blue light is solid or blinking? Have you tried forgetting all WiFi connections on your phone?

I do not mean to sound redundant or condescending, but am just trying to point out steps i have had to go through that I did not see skimming through the thread.

1 Like

Thanks Michael, finally connected. Looks like it was the mobile data needed turning off. May be worth emlid adding that to the workflow…
Now to get this survey done! Cheers

1 Like

Seems to be a common answer that needs to be pinned and fixed. :smirk:

yep, would have saved me half a day of stress and lost time

Given that the kit is designed to be used with a mobile phone, you’d think telling people to turn off the mobile data would be a useful thing to have in the instructions…

as would a glossary of the terms emlid use, so that we all know what emlid mean when they use the term wifi, hotspot etc

1 Like

ok, next issue… if I try and connect my PC to the Reach BASE via wifi/hotspot/whatever you lot call it, it asks for a network key, where is this to be found?

would be a good idea to put a search box on the website

and a more obvious link to the app download

That should be the standard “emlidreach”.

1 Like

click on link to find a Network Scan utility, takes me back to Introduction…

so how exactly do I ’ Use one of the Network Scan utility or ReachView app to determine the Reach IP address’ so I can open Reach on my PVC???

Where do the downloaded files get stored by default on my phone?

It’s great I have to toggle my broadband and the reach wifi on and off so I can check on anything!!

and ‘emlidreach’ doesn’t work as a network key. PC says 4-8 characters

given up on trying to link my pc to base unit. so looking at survey on the phone. Most of my survey data has now disappeared. I now only have three points saved, not the 50+ points that were saved on there this afternoon. WTF is wrong with this kit?

Can I get contact details for someone in tech support that can actually sort all this out.

What OS are you running and what security type is the router using? It may be set to a type that is requiring a key instead of a simple password. You could also try changing the password in the receiver to 8 characters.

Windows
I have no idea.
I paid £1500 for kit that I was told I could use straight out the box.

to be honest, I am less bothered about a network key than that I have lost all my survey data

The survey/shots and logging are on the receiver.