Why so difficult to find RS2 reciever

Like you can se on the picture, all other wifi up to 500 m away locks out the RS2 only 1 meter awa!

2 Likes

Does this happens in other environments, and/or on a different device?

1 Like

One have to go to the forrest and get rid of surronding wifi or go with the car on the road!

It is curios the 1 m wifi not shall overide 30-500m wifi!

2 Likes

What is your firmware?

I was having a hell of a time with wifi last year, before I updated.

1 Like

The photo shows ver Reach View 2.24.2, but Reach 3 finds nothing here!

2 Likes

Hi Jan-Olov,

Do I understand correctly that you’re just one meter away from your Reach receiver but unable to connect to its Wi-Fi? Have you tried other tablet or smartphone to connect to Reach?

1 Like

On this reciever I have only tried the Samsung SM-360! When once connected, it stays there for 1 hour or more! Bluetooth as my old Leica GG03 worked 100 %!

At work I have access to a myriad of different models. I have had various issues with certain Samsung devices (with several software packages, not just Emlid). Try another brand or model if you can.

Hi Jan-Olov,

I’m afraid I can hardly understand the issue at the moment. Let me sum up what I see for now.

Reach RS2 can provide a stable Wi-Fi connection. The Wi-Fi module used in Reach devices is not strong enough to provide 500m connection but is perfectly able to maintain a connection within 1m.

If your tablet disconnects from Reach within 1m radius, please check if the situation is the same with other tablets/smartphones. This way, we’ll understand on which side there’s an issue.

If there are any issues with the Bluetooth connection, please, provide a bit more details on it, like what app you use with Reach, what device you connect to, what firmware version your Reach runs on. It’d be great if you could check that your Bluetooth output is configured according to our Bluetooth output guide.

Today I shut down the wifi in the house and the reach xxx was connected at the point 30 m away. My android smartphone contacted with Reachview but stayed in black screen! The Samsung SM-360 got both Reachview and Reachview 3.

Regarding Emlid Ntrip I wonder what data comes to Emlid from m Ublox F9P base. I get contact to 159.xxx.xx/MP1771 !

From Ublox the data goes via cable and wifi to router and internet!

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: RS2 can’t be seen in RV3

Hi Jan-Olov,

Did this happen on both ReachView 2 and ReachView 3?

Caster only provides a way to pass the corrections from your device to Reach. The correction messages your receiver sends are configured on the receiver itself.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: RS2 with Ublox F9P as a base

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.