Setting for Base and Rover for Cambodia

Hi everyone!

1. what is the best Setting for Base and Rover for Cambodia?
  2. Can I used Ntrip to link with the known points?

best regards,

Hi @sopheak,

1. The settings don’t depend on the country. Watch our video tutorial to set up base and rover RTK settings.

2. If you would like to use NTRIP station as a base, you can set it up according to our docs.

HI Andrew,

Thank you so much for your reply.

1. for the setting, if we follow the instruction there in Reach.Doc, in the urban environment I just got only 100 m connection to get fix from the rover to base.
  2. in case, I want to update or replace the antenna for longer range (let say 10 km in urban environment), do you have any recommendation for this the replacement?
  3. For NTRIP, I meant I want to apply NTRIP with known points using Moblie Topographer APP.

Best regards,
Pheaktra

Hi @sopheak,

1. Can you provide a bit more info about your urban environment and send your hardware setup photos? Also, use this tutorial to send system report, please.
  2. Unfortunately, I can’t provide you with the exact choice. Let’s try to resolve your issue before trying to use another antenna or external radio module.
  3. Can you clarify, how do you want to use Mobile Topographer in this scheme?

Thanks.

Hi @andrew.yushkevich

We are trying to connect base (static) and rover to connect to base, then pair Bluetooth ( mobile phone and rover). We also downloaded Ntrip app and connect to rover (RTK Survey with Reach RS, Lefebure and Mobile Topographer Pro - YouTube) we followed this link. Our problems are

1. We cann’t use it as fix for long distance because it may be some places of our survey are under big trees.
  2. We get only float or sometimes base and rover not connect to each other.
  3. Accuracy good is 0.09m but the height is unbelievable.it means too height not logical with place nearby.
    We also try to use Singapore server in Ntrip to get long distance, however, it fails. So how can we do to connect base and rover for long distance ?

Best regard,
Ly

Hi @Lymot,

Working under the trees cause bad sky view what leads to losing fix solution.

I think that this issue connected with projection. Reach log its position in WGS84 Latitude/Longitude and WGS84 ellipsoid height. Be sure that the height values you compare are in the same system.

Hi @andrew.yushkevich

Do you have any solution of working under trees? because our surveying are pond, and around its are cover with trees.
About Ntrip they allow us to set our location, but result is failed. This is just testing. Finally, we decided to survey with Mobile topographer,but it’s not fix.is it because of trees?

Trees, canopies, skyscrapers, adjacent buildings block clear sky view do not go hand in hand with GNSS.

Robotic Total Stations, Leica DISTO, offset measuring, other methods do.
http://www.haglofsweden.com/index.php/en/

Search trees forest here to turn up discussions.

Hi @timd1971
Thanks for link, by quick look to that link, i think that it’s about measurement forest and they maybe not using emlid. what we discussed is about using emlid for long distance to survey. and our project is about surveying around pond. in addition, there are not forest too. it’s just trees around pond.

Look quite interesting. let me discuss with my team. thanks

I think MapitGIS works with a rangefinder? Never used and probably limited to certain model/brand.

Maybe get a cheap or used total station if you do a lot of work under canopy etc?

Hi @Lymot

As you said that there are not forest too. it’s just trees around pond., I think that you need to do more tests and send me your raw .UBX logs so that I can give you some advice.

Can you clarify what was the problem with NTRIP?

Do you have fix status in the ReachView at the same moment?
Mobile Topographer can only collect points with Reach as it does not affect on device settings

What kind of data do you need ? we have surveyed around pond already. Most of points are float because of trees.
Ntrip (Reach/Reach RS RTK Correction Data through Free NTRIP - Beginners), we follow these link. but use (https://youcors.com/ ) to test and register for using.
Mobile topographer, we had two reach, one for static and other one for collect data. if both of reach near each other, we can get fix. However, when we go bit far, it will change to float.

Hi @Lymot,

I need raw UBX logs from your base and rover. You can zip them and download on Google Drive or Dropbox to share.

How far is your Youcors base station from the rover?

Can you share your system report (by following steps from this link) when everything is setup?

1. Our data from mobile topographer are excel, kml, shapefile,ect. but i dont see file you need. Do you need ?
  2. It only keep both bast and rover not far maybe 5meter from each other. But we failed during connect so we stop do it more.
  3. System report maybe later, due to my team start new semester, we will send you as fast as we can.

Just follow that simple link. I just clicked but no one else has.

sure but i need to go to my study area first

https://drive.google.com/open?id=17Nd0pIT71Go5RB0vw4ALS3eQs7LVSHbI

Hi @Lymot,

In your system report, I can see, that you’re using different RTK parameters on rover and base.
Please, double-check all the settings.

I’d recommend you to watch out video tutorial about base and rover LoRa connection setup. Try to test default settings from it.