RS2 wifi hotspot keeps dropping after 15 min

I have RS2 and have connected to home wifi with my smartphone (android) and all works and connecting phone to RS hotspot is fine but when trying to connect them outside home wifi range the connection keeps dropping and the unit has to be restarted before connection can be restored. RS has hotspot and single light on and I can work for a moment and even if phone background light goes off or a call comes in, it looses connection.

Firmware is 2.20.7 and app is up to date

On few occations app say that the password is incorrect - it’s not.

Really need some help quickly.

I’m grateful for all the help.

Not sure i follow. Are you trying to connect to RS2 at the outer edge of your homes wifi with your phones hotspot or the RS2`s hotspot?

1 Like

Outdoors I’m trying to connect my phone to RS2 hotspot and it keeps dropping.

Ok, i think this bug has been reported before and something they are looking into.

Hi Mari,

Can I ask you to send me the Full System report generated on this unit in PM? It’ll help us to investigate further.

Thank you!

1 Like

Hi, Tatiana

I keep getting reply “Sorry, new users can not upload attachments.”. Where can i send it?

Use dropbox, google disk etc and post the shared link here

1 Like

Thank you!

Hi Mari,

Have you had a chance to download the Full System report from the unit?

Thanks!

Can i have your e-mail and send it there?

Mari,

You can send it to support@emlid.com :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi Mari,

Please check out our new dev v2.21.0 firmware version, it should resolve the issue with Reach hotspot you faced.

It’d be great if you test it and inform us how it works. :slightly_smiling_face:

This docs entry should help you to update the device.

Hello!

The link you sent, sends me to community, but there can I download it?

Thank you, Mari

the link posted above on updating will tell you all the details.

Hi Mari,

You can update the device in the Settings tab of ReachView. Just click on the gear-shaped button in the top right corner of the navigation bar to open it.

Hello!

So far I can say that the new firmware v2.21.0 has solved all problems.

2 Likes

Hi Mari,

Great to hear that! :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.