RS2 silicone covers issue

https://community.emlid.com/uploads/default/original/3X/5/c/5c1a07039ec65c99b315c8a31b4493d5b2065542.jpeg

I noticed that as well , How long the silicone covers will last .??.. if you keep the antenna always connected it just might be no probem , but , thats where we get back to this RS2 Survey Kit carrying case. Where you could store with antenna left on . Or some other mounting of the antenna??

1 Like

I don’t think it’s to worry! There are many devices that use these protectors and last for many years. those of my promark 3 are still intact

2 Likes

Uh… not a solution. :wink:

I did not say that it is a solution

2 Likes

Wonder if the RS2 is still waterproof IP67 rating when the silicone plugs are flipped down for antenna etc? Or can water get into the electronics?

1 Like

your question is very right

1 Like

THIS GREAT AND WONDERFULL

4 Likes

Lo que si le haría falta es un aro de goma al rededor del gps para los golpes como tengo en mi RS+

What I would need is a rubber ring around the GPS for the blows as I have in my RS +

Just stretch a balloon over it? Maybe a pink one for your daughter? :upside_down_face:

SX425

Thanks Tim !!! my only daughter 18 years

1 Like

This is true. Silicone covers of Reach RS2 are designed for use as many times as you need and shouldn’t break unless you tear them off on purpose.

@timd1971,

Ports of RS2 are waterproof and won’t be damaged in case the covers are opened.

4 Likes

Awesome! : )

I think that poor design with the antenna cover lora because this plastic prevents the antenna from being inserted well I had to remove because it becomes impossible to insert it well since the mimilimeters avoid that and if the cover is removed it has a glue that with many times Doing so will no longer be appropriate

2 Likes

This might be off the topic here , Someone will have to move it .But I noticed that as well , How long the silicone covers will last .??.. if you keep the antenna always connected it just might be no probem , but , thats where we get back to this RS2 Survey Kit carrying case. Where you could store with antenna left on . Or some other mounting of the antenna??

1 Like

Yeah, this post needs split out.

Seems those silicone plugs need a more aggresive adhesive compatible with silicone and plastic? Epoxy based?

When these silicone plugs are popped out / flipped down in order to insert LoRa antenna, USB, SIM, and EXT, is the RS2 still IP67 compliant if it falls in the water? Or only IP67 with the plugs in, no LoRa antenna inserted?

Seems the RS/RS+ is IP67 correct also even with antenna screwed on, as those do not have silicone plugs?

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.