RS2 as a permanent base station, how to supply constant power

Good afternoon I want to install RS2 as a permanent base station. Please tell me how to supply constant power to the receiver via RS232?

Добрый день! Хочу установить RS2 в качестве постоянной базовой станции. Подскажите пожалуйста как подать постоянное питание на приемник через RS232?

Hi @geotimege,

Welcome to our community!

To keep Reach turned on while it’s powered, let’s enable the Turn on automatically when powered via EXT port option under Settings in Emlid Flow. This way, you can use it continuously as a base station for your surveys.

The external power input needs to have a voltage between 6 V and 40 V.

I have this option enabled. I have a question: what cable should I use to connect this to the power supply?

I need something to work as follows, as in the photo. I connect to the Internet via Type C (it works). I can’t figure out how to connect to the power supply via Lemo 9 pin.

I believe you will need to custom modify a cable to provide power over the Lemo connector. You can start with the “Without second connector 2m” cable shown here and then manually add power to pin 9. According to the specs it can handle anywhere from 5V to 40V DC.

You are connecting to the internet via the USB C port? I wasn’t aware that you could do that - I’ll have to give it a try sometime.

2 Likes

If you’re not up for modifying/making your own cable, there’s a chance something like this could work for you, providing both ethernet and power to the USB C port. I haven’t tried it, but it might be worth a shot.
https://a.co/d/9zg6oVh

Yes, you can. If you use an adapter like the one in my photo, you can connect to the Internet via LAN.

Good afternoon! Thanks to everyone who responded to my question!
I solved this problem and everything works. In case anyone needs a ready-made solution, I provide a working sceme.
You will need the following, USB Type c to Rj45, BATTERY CHARGER 12V 1.5A and Reach cable 2m w/o 2nd connector (see attached screenshots) Connect USB Type C to your Reach Rs2/Rs2+ and to Lan, thereby your device gains access to the Internet . Open end Reach cable 2m w/o 2nd connector connects to BATTERY CHARGER 12V 1.5A. The violet wire is to the +, and the red wire is to the —.
Everything works in this scheme. I wish you all success!

2 Likes

Hi guys,

Thank you for the meaningful conversation!

To power Reach this way, you indeed need the cable without a second connector. Here’s the pinout for the bottom connector, too.

3 Likes