Reachview 3 - Feature request

Hi Andreas,

Thanks, got the idea. I agree it’s helpful to keep everything systemized. We’ll think about improvements we can add in the future.

6 Likes

How are we tracking for 3d quality to display on the survey screen? What about base coords in local CS?

Hi Cameron,

Both are not planned for the nearest future, but we’re bearing them in mind. For now, you can set up a survey with local coordinates as Julia suggested.

What about a functional stakeout mode that records the staked point?

1 Like

Hi Cameron,

We’ll think about such requests while improving the Stakeout mode. It’s a complex process, and there’s no ETA for it now.

Hi guys,

I see, along with other feature requests, you asked for a feature to enter base coordinates in local coordinate systems. If it’s still relevant for you, it’s time to update ReachView 3 to the new v7.3 :tada:

You can now choose the point for the base from ReachView 3 project. And as you know, projects in ReachView 3 can be created in a lot of different local coordinate systems. That’s what it looks like:

Give it a try and share your feedback!

14 Likes

That’s awesome!!

4 Likes

Local Coords & choose from project? Awesome :smiley: thank you guys for the continued development

4 Likes

Hello,
I don’t know if anyone has already suggested this, but I would find it interesting that the coordinates assumed by the base create a base point in the project, to use for a later adjustment.

3 Likes

Yes, it has been requested.

1 Like

How about the RMS values to be stored in the CSV for single epoch shots (not-averaged)? Currently, it will only store for averaged shots. I now know that you can set the rover to 5hz to resolve this but it would be nice if the app wrote the RMS values in regardless of observation time.

Also, a continuous topo function in the app would be awesome. That way, you could see your progress on the map and explicitly start/stop your feature. Again, I realize that you can log raw data on the rover to derive this but its a bit clumsy.

1 Like

This would be nice!

Hi Mauricio,

I’ll add your +1 to this request!

2 Likes

Hi Zach,

RMS can be calculated from a set of values. That’s why there is no RMS if the update rate is set to 1Hz: there is simply no dataset. With 5 Hz, there will be 5 values because the solution is calculated 5 times per second with this update rate.

We received such requests before. So, this one is noted!

2 Likes

Zach,

I realized that I misled you! We actually export accuracy estimation for instant points, even with the 1 Hz update rate. Please check that you work on the latest version of the ReachView 3 app.

3 Likes

Thanks. I believe this is only for LORA/NTRIP though. If you are doing PPK with a CORS station, i believe the 1hz (single epoch) does not populate the RMS fields. Then again, i haven’t tested the latest version of RV3 on iOS yet. I should be able to this weekend!

I’m pretty sure everything works as expected on the latest version. But if not, please let us know!

1 Like

Hi Emlid-Team!

I think a very nice further improvement for stack out mode would be a automatically selection of the nearest point.

Not in each case points are sorted by the best way to stack out and it takes some time to select the next point. If RV3 automatically switches to the next/nearest point stake out could be done faster.

Thanks a lot!
Christoph

1 Like

Hi Christoph,

I remember we had a similar request previously. I’ve noted yours as well.

Thank you!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.