ReachView 3 Beta

In ReachView 3, when delete a point from the list points (surveyed points), it changed all others’ points which is wrong behavior.

Hello everyone! New iOS app version 4.3 is available for testing in TestFlight!
We’re glad to announce that we bring several long-awaited features in this release.

Here’s the list of changes:

• Added ‘FIX only’ setting that allows point collection only with FIX solution.

• When you create an NTRIP profile, you will automatically receive a list of mount points provided by your caster if your Reach is connected to the Internet.

• The third tab was renamed to ‘Profile’ and now contains your NTRIP profiles. You can modify existing profiles and create new ones there. If you create or edit an NTRIP profile, and any Reach is connected at that moment, the app will ask you if you want to change settings on that Reach.

• We’ve added new experimental vertical CRS ‘DHHN2016 height’ along with ‘CGC2016.tif’ geoid, which covers almost all Germany areas. :de:
    Exact coordinates of coverage area: from 47.225° to 50.6° in latitude, from 7.426° to 13.9° in longitude.

• Minor fixes and visual improvements.

We’re looking towards to hear your feedback on new features!

6 Likes

Please add the COGO, feature, We need to measure between points.

2 Likes

Hi Miguel,

It’s in our plans. Thanks for the mention.

4 Likes

Hey @l3technologycambodia,

We’ve actually had a bugged animation when deleting a point from the list in the Android app. However, it was only a visual bug and did not affect any point data. It was fixed in the latest release.

Is this the behavior you reported? Or is this a different bug?

I will test again. I did not notice if I used latest ReachView 3 or not.

Thank you, great APP, thats what i waited for. I love to work with it.
One thing would be nice: the scale bar on the Map like in RV2.
When i try to import a project (*.csv), there has to be at least one Point in the Project. Import into an empty Project is not possible.
At last :for surveying in Austria the vertical datum “GHA height” EPSG:5778 is needed. Would be fine to have it.

2 Likes

Hi @a.hopfer!

That’s great to hear, thank you!

It is scheduled for one of the upcoming releases, so we’ll start working on it soon.

Do you use iOS or Android? And what’s the version of the app (you can find it in the tab Profile)? We’ll investigate this issue.

Hi Ivan, I use Android 9 on a ZTE Blade A7, App-version is 4.9 Beta.

Hi @a.hopfer!

Can you please provide us with a step-by-step guide on how you try to import points to an empty project? Why is it not possible? Do you get any error or app crash?

Very strange! While making the step-by-step guide with a new project, i suddenly can import points in an empty project. I tried this now a few times. Now it always happens!! problem solved :+1:
Thanx andrei

Hello!

I just downloaded the ReachView 3 Beta for use with an RS2; I love the idea of the app, but I am experiencing a few issues that are making it unusable. I am using Android 7.1.1

1. I am only able to collect points with the default WGS 84 setting. I am able to set up projects in another coordinate system and see the real time coordinates , but as soon as I select “measure” to try to collect a point, the app has difficulty maintaining connection to the receiver. Usually the app pauses for a few seconds, and then displays no receivers connected. Every once in a lucky while it will be able to collect 1 point, but it takes quite awhile and seems like it is having difficulty communicating with the RS2 Reach.

2. In order to be able to select the “+” or add point in a coordinate system other than lat WGS84, I first have to open a project in with WGS84, press the “+” to add a point, back out, open a project in a different coordinate system, then select “+”. When I do get to this point, problem 1) occurs.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hi @bpetersen!

Well, this most definitely sounds like a bug to me. Could you please PM me a screencast of how this behavior looks like exactly?

What is your receiver’s firmware version? Do you have similar problems when using point collect in ReachView 2?

Firstly, congratulations on the implementation of this version. This will really streamline my workflow immensely.

I have just completed some testing on a single local benchmark. I’m in Australia and use the Australian Government’s NTRIP caster that covers the eastern states (Auscors: tier3.auscors.ga.gov.au). This caster is based on GDA2020 horizontal datum.

I found that the horizontal accuracy was within about 45-50mm of the mark but the vertical position was around 230mm lower than the published elevation of the benchmark. This is significantly greater than the usual error I was getting with my previous workflow of transforming through the geoid model in Metashape Pro or using the geoid separation models published by Geoscience Australia.

Could you look into this or perhaps point out if I’ve done something wrong? Screenshot below. The mark I was on was PM75006 with published elevation of 190.308m AHD (EPSG:5711)

2 Likes

Hi Tim

Thanks for the report!

Could you please provide the exact combination of CRSs that you have used for these tests. Also, it would be helpful if you provide original geographic coordinates of PM75006 point, you can find it in point info in the app.

Hi @andrei.marshalov

Will you plan to add the possibility to configure antenna phase offsets ? This will significantly improve accuracy for Reach M2, which could be used with various antenna models.

See my other post here : Feature request : antenna phase offset in rtk settings

Hi everyone! The iOS app version 4.4 Beta has been released! We’re looking forward to hearing your feedback!

Here’s what to test in the new version:

• Now, the project map shows the position of the base if it’s available.

• Project import and export were upgraded to support base position and baseline. These values can be imported (and exported) using the following headers: Base easting, Base northing, Base elevation, and Baseline.

• We’ve added some protection against accidental cancels during point connection. If averaging time is more than 10 seconds, canceling the collection must be confirmed by additionally pressing a new stop button.

• Now the point collection tool shows a countdown. You can switch countdown mode between how much time has passed and how much time has left by tapping on it. The switch state is saved throughout the app.

• Now when you tap on a deleted project, you will be prompted to delete the project permanently or restore it.

• We fixed an issue with project import that was working incorrectly with imperial units. Previously, points’ RMSE, antenna height, and the baseline were not imported correctly if your project CRS used feet as a measuring unit (values were multiplied by 3.28). This issue did not affect the points’ coordinates. Be advised that earlier imported points might have unreliable metadata. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

• Minor fixes and visual improvements.

10 Likes

ReachView 3 for Android was updated to version 4.10 Beta! New settings, improved UX, fewer bugs.

Full changelog:

• Now, it is possible to configure position streaming settings (editing channels is not yet available).
  • Added a delete point button to the point info bottom sheet for better convenience.
  • Now, the project map shows the position of the base if it’s available.
  • Added support for Italian locale :it:
  • We fixed an issue that caused the collector tool to not save the base position and the baseline when averaging is off.
  • Various fixes and improvements.
13 Likes

Hi @zipang,

It seems that we’re already discussing this feature implementation in the thread you’ve attached. Please let’s continue the conversation there so as not to get confused.

Ok sorry @svetlana.nikolenko