ReachView 3 Beta

Anything new in the release that just hit TestFlight?

1 Like

New 4.2 iOS ReachView 3 version is out!

• Minor fixes and visual improvements.

We’re looking forward to hearing more feedback from you!

5 Likes

How much longer do you anticipate before you’ll open up the settings ability in RV3 for GNSS settings, general, etc.?

Android app version 4.8 Beta is available!

Changelog:

• Tune-up your Reach RS2 devices with the Sound settings, which are now unlocked! :sound: Check the improved UI and UX – it will even notify you if the Night mode already suppresses the sound.
  • Now the app will notify you about updates containing major changes.
  • Various fixes and improvements.
  • Minor visual updates.
4 Likes

Hi @kasanmascheff!

Have you checked the latest version of the app? Does the crash persist?

If you’re willing to use the stable firmware, the latest version of it should be available in the Flash Tool.

RV3 already works with a stable version?

Hi @agrimgalina!

Unfortunately, no. Beta versions of the app will continue to work with the DEV firmware only for the time being. This was an answer to the question about downgrade.

1 Like

Thanks, in my case and in RS2 RV3 is working very well. Something very important is to have the coordinates of the base available in RV3 when the CSV is downloaded as well as in the base being able to enter the coordinates of the base from a list of saved points. that would be fantastic

3 Likes

Hello Andrei,
I have upcoming jobs to do, so I rather stay safe with FW 2.22.4 and SurveyMaster / RV2

Hi Seth! In this release we bring several fixes and overall improvements, stay tuned for the next release!

2 Likes

I’d love the base known point retrieval as well.

1 Like

8 posts were split to a new topic: 3rd-party survey software with Reach

Hi, Daniel,

Thank you for your request! We’ll investigate the issue.

Thank you for the information!

We’ll take it into account to make experience of working with RV3 better.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Exporting points fails in ReachView 3

Need support. Can’t export my job (607 point). ReachView3 crash each time. On Samsung S7.
Can I copy my job by other way?

Hi @ASD!

We’ve seen some reports on the error you’re having and have reason to believe it’s a problem with available RAM. Our app can not allocate enough resources to do the export.

Do you have a lot of apps pinned from closing in the multitasking bar?

I also think rebooting the phone and going straight to ReachView might help with the export process.

Please let us know if that helps with your issue so we can try and tackle it on our end.

4 Likes

Thank you but I can’t export. I try with more than 2000mb of free ram. I try export Demo project and it is crashing.

could you pls update ReachView 3 app to show same interface like in current ReachView? In ReachView 3 stakeout, it is not easy to find the point when we are in the circle.

2 Likes

Hi everyone!

Android app version 4.9 Beta is available!

Changelog:

• We fixed an issue that caused the collector tool to save incorrect antenna height values (they are off by up to 1 foot). This issue affected projects with CRSs which use feet, U.S. survey feet, or Gold Coast feet and did not affect point height values. Be advised that collected points are prone to have erroneous antenna height data.
    @dbuchanan Thanks for the report!
  • We’ve added new experimental vertical CRS “DHHN2016 height” along with “CGC2016.tif” geoid, which covers almost all Germany areas. Exact coordinates of coverage area: from 47.225° to 50.6° in latitude, from 7.426° to 13.9° in longitude.
  • Project import and export were upgraded to support base position and baseline. These values can be imported (and exported) using the following headers: Base easting, Base northing, Base elevation, and Baseline.
  • App fonts have been updated to make things uniform and less prone to layout-related issues.
  • Earlier, when exporting a project whose target CRS uses imperial units, the antenna height and RMS values were saved in meters, which is not correct. Now, these values will be represented in measuring units corresponding to the project target CRS.
  • Fixed multiple cases of keyboard overlapping UI elements, making app content inaccessible.
  • Various fixes and improvements.
  • Minor visual updates.
9 Likes