Reach serial output problem

Hi,

I have problems with reach solution output using serial ttyMFD2. Reach is connected to Agleader integra guidance terminal and terminal don’t get proper NMEA.

I have tested output with two different PC with terminal and data looks also mess.
Baudrate is same in both sides. Trying echo something from cui to ttyMFD2 doesn’t look right on terminal.

Is there any options I try change?

Hi,

Have you updated the firmware to v1.2?

Please provide wiring scheme and how everything is configured.

I did update. Didn’t fix the problem.

About wirings:
Reach Rx -> PC serial pin 3(Tx)
Reach Tx -> PC serial pin 2(Rx)
Reach Gnd -> PC serial pin 5(Gnd)

Serial cable is about 1,5m long.

What kind of serial to usb converter are you using?

Tested with profilic usb-rs232 adapter and straight connection pc own. Result is same with both ways.

Reach has TTL UART not RS232. That is why it does not work. You will need to get a USB to Serial converter, for example based on cp2102 chip or FT232, there are many others as well.

Sorry about wrong information. I checked converter it is profilic GMUS-03 USB-Serial adapter.
And still other test with other PC (DELL laptop with build in serial port) gives same result.

After a quick search it looks like GMUS-03 is still RS232. Please try a different converter. Your Laptop also has RS232.

Ok, and laptop serial is also RS-232…? I think it’s same situation with that guidance terminals serial port too.

Are there any UART - RS232 converters that will work with Reach, or USB - RS232 converters to that can be connected to Reach usb port ?

So in the end what you want to do is to have Reach communicating to guidance terminal which has RS232 port?

In that case I would suggest you to get a UART to RS232 converter, they should be easy to find. You can post here a link of the model that you can purchase and I will check the specs for compatibility.

Yes, Reach will replace original gps receiver.

Is this ok?

http://www.hobbytronics.co.uk/rs232-ttl-serial?keyword=rs232

Yes, it should do.

If you could share a little more about your project and overall impression about Reach RTK I will appreciate it, maybe in a different thread.

Thank you very much for your help.

I will open new topic when I have little more to tell. Now waiting better weather for base station installation and rover testing with ATV.

Hi,
I have a problem with the serial output on the reach module.
I am using a usb to uart bridge to read the data stream. (cp2102-cb http://www.silabs.com/products/interface/usbtouart/Pages/usb-to-uart-bridge.aspx)
I can read NMEA data from the device, but after a short while the stream stops or the data that comes in the stream are not walid. (gives only zeroes or nothing at all).
I would expect the output to be the same as showing in the web interface. Is there some setting i have missed or something else I should be avare of?

I experience the same thing when using tcp stream to google maps. The stream is not constant even when i can see the antenna is moving in the reach web interface.

Thank you in advance for helping.
Regards

Which version are you on?

I’m using CP2102
Updated the reach module to version 1.2

Data output from reach module on serial.

Same data from reach web interface.

You have no gps solution (status - ), this is why there is no data in NMEA stream. Coordinates on the web interface are probably not updated since last time you had a solution.

1 Like

Hy Victor
can you post a picture of the connection between the usb to uart adn reach device ?

thx

Francesco

@checco68
Hi Francesco,

Here is the picture as requested.