Reach serial output problem

Thank you, that explained a lot.
Is it possible to send the raw data to the serial interface? I can not see that it is an option.

Ciao Victor
thx very much for sharing image … but I’m a little bit frustrating … I’m a simple geologist not an electrical engineering

Igor do you think is it possible to receive from Emlid a “cable” plug and play into reach to output nmea and / or raw data to external application because until now I’m not able to use the reach at 100%

sorry for this conversation

Francesco

You can set a raw data log to serial device

This is what we are using most of the time and it is widely available. But we don’t know much about your application, so can’t give advice whether it is suitable.

This device can be used to make Reach’s UART console connectable to a computer with a USB port.

Hi Francesco,

You can use this cable http://no.farnell.com/ftdi/c232hd-ddhsp-0/cable-usb-uart-0-25a-3-3v-o-p/dp/2352017 to connect to the serial output. It does the same thing as the board I use.

I’m going to implement the rover into a moving GPR antenna and grabbing the data stream from the serial output with an FPGA. I also have 915mHz radio link connected to the same serial port.

Got everything working now, the only thing I’m still missing is the PPS.

Hy

my application is very simple (I Hope) just receive on my laptop the nemea or raw data of reach device using application like arcgis or collector for argis to acquire kinematic trajectory that after I can post process using rinex from network present in my area of work.

Thx

Francesco

CP2102 should be sufficient