Sure, I’ll be as detailed as possible and I’ll start from a clean state (all previous pairings ‘forgotten’):
Method one (try to pair from within FG)
- Power up RS2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A (2017), and computer
- RS2 connects to local wireless (same as tablet and computer)
- Computer logs onto ReachView v2.20.7 via local network (for configuring RS2 and monitoring RS2 side)
- Set RTK Settings: Kinematic, EMA 15 degrees, SNR-M 35, GNSS selected: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO; Update Rate: 1Hz
- Set Correction Input: NTRIP to Florida Precise Reference Network (Station KREG - RTCM 3.1 MSM4) All confirmed as working and allowing RS2 to gain FIX. Approx tested baseline is 15km)
- Position output 1: Turn On, Set to BT, Format NMEA (states send error (111) - expected because not yet paired)
- Base mode: off
- Logging: on
- Mobile Data: On, connected to TING 3G for NTRIP streaming
- WIFI: On, connected to local network (or hotspot if away)
- Bluetooth: Turn on, Turn on always discoverable with PIN code , states no paired devices, shows several discoverable devices including Samsung Galaxy Tab A and computer. (in this method I try to pair from FG menu only)
- Launch FG android
- Set new project up: Name: test, Distance: meter, Angle: Degrees, Coordinate: FL83-E (Florida state plane, meter), Vertical: ellipsoidal WGS84
- select instrument: Add profile; select GNSS rover; Make = NMEA, Model = Basic, Profile name NMEA-Basic, select create
- click set up communication, choose Bluetooth, search for device, select reach, select connect. FG states connecting to instrument. [NOTE I am not asked to enter a passcode or anything]. Unit connects.
- set up corrections: no RTK [handled by RS2 internally]
- set up antenna height [2.134m]
- use default
- FG android GNSS Rover Profile page shows:
connection, satellites , PDOP [2.5], click done, back
- FGA shows location on map, and position text, option to record point ,etc.
- in less than 20 seconds, position and coordinates disappear without message. Righthand side of FGA changes to: select instrument or reconnect. Selecting reconnect connects again for less than 20s. And reverts to Select instrument/reconnect. Every time I hit reconnect, it connects, shows the position/option to record. And disconnects within 20s. Doesn’t matter how close unit tablet are to each other.
- on reachview position output page. when connected it shows: connected to local host, within 20s, it shows send error (32), then send error (111).
method 2 (pair devices first)
steps 1-11 above are the same.
12b) From Reachview Bluetooth tab select Galaxy Tab A from discoverable devices
13b) Tablet receives pairing message. Select OK. Now tablet and reachview show that they are paired.
14b) Launch FG android (new launch after previously closing down)
15b) open project, select instrument, add profile, gnss rover, make = NMEA, model = basic, click create
16b) click set up communication, Bluetooth, search.
17b) select reach
18b) set up profile as before
19b) same result, disconnects within 20s.
Random note: When connecting the RS2 to my computer, the prompt asks if the PIN on the device matching the one displayed. Every time, it shows a pin that is different than 123456. haven’t been in a situation where I’ve been asked to input a pin and needed to use 123456.
other note: I have two RS2 units. Same behavior on both.