Multi-band Reach M2 is Available for Pre-order for $449

Originally published at: https://emlid.com/reach-m2-is-here/

Today we launch pre-orders for Reach M2—our new multi-band RTK GNSS module. Designed as an evolution of its predecessor, Reach M2 retains the same size and shape as Reach M+ and features advanced specs.

We introduced Reach in 2014 and since then it became a popular solution for real-time navigation and PPK mapping. Early adopters proved that Reach is a versatile and efficient device for a wide range of projects. Thousands of vehicles on the ground and in the air are powered by Reach from DIY lawnmowers to heavy-lift drones. Today Reach is well recognized as an easy-to-integrate solution, enabling centimeter-level accuracy.

Among Reach users from a variety of industries, there have always been drone pilots seeking longer baselines and more robust fixes. Multi-band Reach M2 with its new helical GNSS antenna is designed to meet the demands of a professional industry.

Enhanced Performance and Longer Baselines

Reach M2 supports L1/L2 bands on GPS, GLONASS and BeiDou and E1/E5 on Galileo. In practice, that enables almost instant initialization and robust performance.

With a single frequency Reach M+, you were limited to work on distances up to 10 km in RTK mode and up to 30 km in PPK mode. Reach M2 pushes the limits up to 60 km for RTK and up to 100 km for PPK. This means you can fly much further in RTK mode or use remotely located reference stations for PPK and still get repeatable and consistent results.

Designed for UAV Mapping

Reach M2 is ready for integration into a mapping drone. Connect it to a power source, sync with a camera and record the precise time stamps for each photo. Fly a drone, Reach will record photo events with very high resolution and store them in a raw data RINEX log in internal memory.

After the flight, get the RINEX log and post-process it to get geotags for each photo. Precise coordinates of the photos can be then used for georeferencing in Metashape, Pix4d, DroneDeploy and other mapping software.

New Multi-band Helical Antenna

We’ve thoroughly tested a number of GNSS antennas to make sure you get the most out of your new multi-band RTK module. We came up with a helical antenna, that performed really well during our accuracy and durability tests. The antenna tracks the same systems as Reach M2, so you won’t miss a satellite.

Compatible with a Hot-shoe Adapter and LoRa Radio

Our hot-shoe adapter is perfect for accurate UAV mapping in PPK mode. The adapter is used to connect Reach M2 to a camera hot shoe port. This helps to record the time of each photo with a resolution of less than a microsecond.

Reach M2 seamlessly works with external LoRa radio for RTK communication with Reach RS2 base. Compact and low-power radio can be installed on a drone to enable real-time positioning accuracy on distance up to 8 km.

Configuration and Logs Management with ReachView App

Reach M2 is controlled via our ReachView app for iOS and Android. The app allows to configure RTK settings, log raw data in RINEX format and manage all other features of the receiver.

Pre-order Now

Reach M2 with a GNSS antenna is now available for pre-order for $595. The first batch is limited, reserve your unit now in Emlid store. Shipping starts in January.

Pre-order for $595

We’ve also added a Reach M2 UAV mapping kit to our online store. The kit is a complete solution for PPK mapping with a drone. It contains a multi-band Reach RS2 base station, Reach M2 with GNSS antenna, and a hot-shoe adapter for a camera. Pre-order it now from Emlid store.

Pre-order for $2543

12 Likes

Great!! Order placed :+1:

5 Likes

Why not sell to Argentina?

Awesome! How could this running an RS2 on RTK and Ashot trigger capture change my workflow? Seems like it could eliminate some post-processing?

Hi Luis,

Orders are getting blocked by customs and returning to us. However, you can purchase Reach devices from one of our dealers in Argentina: Foto Aérea or GNSS Argentina.

4 Likes

Do you have any advice on the best order route for the US/Texas? I plan to order this and RS2’s.

1 Like

Hi Michael,

I’m afraid I can’t be of much help in questions about AShot integration.

To get time marks from Reach M2, you need to post-process raw data from it, as you do it with M+.

You can order it from our store (please note that there can be additional customs fees) or from one of our dealers.

@michaelL,

I highly suggest you buy all devices separate that way it won’t be above the total amount needed to be an official import and won’t have to fill out a bunch of customs paperwork. I also suggest that you look into buying these as “gifts” if they are within the allowable gifting range then you many be able to avoid the taxes. Do note that the invoice must clearly state gifts in the description if you go that route.

Got mine ordered this is sweet. I have almost every emlid device minus the edge hahaha have all the rest!

3 Likes

Awesome! IMU support?

3 Likes

Thanks for the advice @Matthew_Cunningham!

1 Like

Yes what about imu support?

2 Likes

Can M2 be used as a base with another m2 as a rover?

yes.

Hello, if I place the helical antenna on a survey pole, can I use this as a rover unit?

1 Like

Hi @RTK_Hunter, @nikoue,

Like other Reach devices, Reach M2 has built-in IMU. However, IMU support is not implemented in the software for now.

1 Like

Hi @easiwriter, @jjb,

You are free to use it in any setup.

2 Likes

Same as previous units: MPU9250?

1 Like

Is this on the feature add list would be very very wonderful if eventually we can get the IMU data from the reach device, with the amount of sidelap and endlap we fly we get very good coverage but having the ability to also have roll pitch and yaw added to the images or imported would greatly enhance SfM.

1 Like

And also deal with level arm. Emlid should propose a dedicated post process software to retag pictures with proper roll pitch yaw angles and recalculated xyz.

4 Likes