M2 RTK Accuracy Test

I decided to perform a quick test of the M2’s RTK accuracy using NTRIP here in Upstate New York. I have always been a classical post processed GPS (GNSS now) person but decided to test drive the RTK capabilities of the M2 with Harxon GPS500 antenna. I have previously reported static/rapid static post processing results with the same receiver in an earlier post. I utilized 5 NYHARN control monuments and entered in the coordinates (Lat, Long, Ellip Ht) to also test out the Stake Out feature in the ReachView app. There was no scientific approach to each measurement. I simply drove up to each monument, set up rover rod/bi pod, turned on receiver, waited for fix then simply navigated to monument. Set up on monument and averaged between 30 and 60 seconds in measurement mode. Additionally for the last 3 stations that I measured I took a screen shot of my Stake Out screen showing the real time epoch distance to the monument being measured. Here are the DX/DY/DZ values for those 5 NYHARN monuments as compared to the actual NGS Data Sheet published values.

NYHARN ID Delta X (m) Delta Y (m) Delta Z
E184Reset 0.021 0.034 0.023
Martin 0.023 0.019 0.036
Wright 0.002 0.008 0.011
New Scot 0.021 0.032 0.014
T 444 0.005 0.005 0.021
Ft Miller 0.003 0.006 0.007

Here are the screen shots of the Stake Out mode for many of the above stations:

Additionally I just performed a quick and dirty test of the new ReachView 3 Beta app for the orthometric vertical real time accuracy utilizing the new coordinate system transformations and geoid models with my android tablet on a high accuracy point at my house that I had previously occupied and adjusted with OPUS Projects with an iGage iG3s receiver. I utilized the WGS84/UTM Zone 18N and NAVD88 Height downloaded models.

Here is the DX DY DZ in RTK: 0.013mm 0.012mm 0.015mm

Conclusion: I am impressed and still need to perform more testing but figured I would share these results for those curious. And this M2 in RTK mode?..”It knows where it is” :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hi David,

Thanks for sharing your results! :slight_smile:

We’ll be happy to see more tests of Reach M2 both in RTK and PPK if you post them.

1 Like

@polina.buriak When do you anticipate the release of ReachView 3 Beta for iOS?

I attempted to do something similar here in Ohio with the M2. It was utilizing OH CORS and wanted to do a static track for a couple hours to see how it compared to some other units I have tested. Unfortunately, I don’t think the software I was utilizing, VisualGPSView, was able to use the GNGGS strings. It must need the GPGGS.

I will have to try that through the app this weekend

David, thanks for posting this. Do you think you could also post a photo of your M2 setup
Pete

1 Like

What app are you using there. If reachview, where is that screen found. Sorry, new user.

Hi David,

I’m afraid I can’t give you any exact dates. We’ll inform you once the ReachView 3 beta version is available on iOS.

Hi @jp-drain-sol,

As David has mentioned, the ReachView 3 beta app was used during the survey.

@Pete_Watson
Here is a link to my static testing with a couple of photos of my M2 setup.

@polina.buriak I appreciate that. I think I remember seeing one of your colleagues stating that the iOS version was about 30 days out from the Android version.

1 Like

Hi David,

Just wanted to let you know that the ReachView 3 Beta is now available for beta testing on iOS.

You can check out this Egor’s post for more details:

3 Likes

Thank you Polina!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.