Issues with enabling mobile data - firmware 30

Hello everyone

My reach RS2 won’t let me activate the Mobile Data switch, it activates for a couple of seconds and deactivates itself immediately. With the previous version of firmware I did not have this problem but now it is desperate not being able to activate Mobile Data, I have already looked for all the possible solutions but I have no success, I have to do work and I am getting desperate.
I have flashed 3 consecutive times but the problem persists…
Any solution??

Hi Oscar,

I received your email with the full system report. I see you’re using claro.pe APN, but there are also two more available:

• ba.amx
  • tim.pe

Can you try them?

I don’t see any obvious issues with the device, but if APN changing doesn’t help, we’ll investigate it further.

Thanks for answering

I still have no success, I have tried both and the problem persists. I have not had this problem before, I have always configured with claro.pe without problems. With this firmware the problem has occurred.

The ba.amx APN is exclusively for MODEM Clients.
The APN claro.pe is for CELLULAR customers with voice and data plans.

Hi Oscar,

Can you try updating your device to 30 Beta 3? So that we’ll make sure the issue persists there too. It can be done via Emlid Flow, and you can roll back anytime.

While I’m looking into your full system report from 29.2.

Hello,

Install firmware 30.3 Beta, however the problem remains. I have tried another SIM Card to rule out problems with the SIM Card but I cannot connect the RS2 to the mobile network. I am attaching (email) the report of the equipment with the new firmware installed. The SIM Cards in the phones can be connected to the Internet without problems, they are not blocked, thus ruling out that the SIM Cards are the problem.
I want to go back to firmware 28.4 however the app forces me to update to 29.2

Hi Oscar,

I received the email and just answered you there.

How about posting your answer in the forum, where everyone can see it? Maybe more than one person is having this issue, no? PMs are a poor substitute for a properly written user manual with a trouble shooting section.

1 Like

BTW there is no Beta 30.3 available. Was it that broken that you had to take it down?

Hi @chris21403,

Once I have any results or answers, I’ll also post them here so that they help others facing the same issue.

30 Beta 3 should be available. We didn’t have any rollbacks. Please ensure your device is connected to a stable internet source to check for updates. If it doesn’t help, please share the Full system report with me. Preferably via support@emlid.com cause it contains sensitive data.

I am also having issues with mobile data. I am getting a connection and RTK on startup and can sometimes work for quite a while with no issues. But then RTK will drop indefinitely, if I go to Emilid flow and check the status, mobile data is turned off and I cannot use the switch to turn it back on.

It requires a full power down of the RS2+ to fix the issue.

2 Likes

A summary…

Install firmware 30.2 Beta, however the problem remains. I have tried another SIM Card to rule out problems with the SIM Card but I cannot connect the RS2 to the mobile network. I am attaching the report of the equipment with the new firmware installed. The SIM Cards in the phones can be connected to the Internet without problems, they are not blocked, thus ruling out that the SIM Cards are the problem.
I have 2 Reach RS2 and in both I have the same problem. I have always worked with these SIMs without problems with firmware 28.4. However, with the new firmware 29.2 both RS2 no longer want to work with SIM Cards. At first I thought it was a problem with the SIMs but I put them in a mobile and they work normally connecting to the internet, I also put another SIM in the RS2 but the problem persists, the RS2s don’t want to connect to the internet.
In my country (Peru) we still have 3G and 2G with almost all operators.
We know that RS2 is Quad-band, 850/1900,900/1800 Mhz, it should work with all carriers in 2G and 3G. True?
I tried to activate the mobile data from the emlid flow and reach panel but in both cases I could not succeed in keeping it ON. I have also tried it from different browsers and on different devices (laptops, mobiles) but the problem persists. As a last option, it will be to buy other SIM Cards from different operators to rule out SIM problems.
I just installed firmware 30 and the problem continues with the SIM Card :frowning:

In my case there are 2 emlid RS2 that have this problem but it only activates for a couple of seconds and immediately Mobile Data is OFF

Hi Martin,

I need the full system report from you as well. Please emails us at support@emlid.com with it.

I think the issue differs from what Oscar reported cause mobile data works for some time for you. But I need more data to tell what’s happening here.

Hi…

Doing some research, it seems that many users have the same problem without a solution being given. Could it be that now I have to buy some RS2+ ??? :thinking:

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: The NET LED doesn’t work after updating to 30 stable

Hi

I already updated it to firmware 30 and the problem persists, I have flashed it several times but nothing.
I see that there are many bugs in the new firmwares, a truth to which we cannot close our eyes. :neutral_face:

Hi…

I have tried everything, this morning I put the SIM in an old Huawei Modem (years without use) and see if there was a problem with it, at first it did not connect to the internet, I entered the modem configuration by IP and activated only the 3G signal and I started browsing from the computer, slow but with a signal. Then I put the SIM in the RS2 and activate the Mobile Data and Surprise!!! :hugs:the switch remains active without disconnecting, I thought it could be something casual, I tried the other SIM that had the same problem with the other RS2 and confirmed that that SIM continued with the problem of not keeping Mobile Data active. So I proceeded to put it in the old Huawei modem and did everything mentioned with the previous SIM, put it in the RS2 and everything was fine. Now both RS2 are with Mobile Data active and sharing a signal as a hospot for several hours. What happened??? Apparently these SIMs had some inactive configuration that when placed in the old modem made them work again with the RS2, something curious that said “activation” never happened with the mobile phone. I hope this experience will help someone who has the same problem that I had.

1 Like

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for sharing this. It indeed sounds quite odd. Didn’t you happen to test the SIM card from another provider? If so, did it work right away?

Can you share the new full system report over email? I’ll try to check if something was changed from the Reach side after these manipulations with the SIM cards.

Hi…

I could not test with SIM from other operators. What has happened is extremely rare, I think it was a SIM problem since I don’t think the RS2 has made any changes to the SIM. I will be sharing the file by mail.

Most likely, you’re right. But thanks, anyway!