Issue with getting fix

Well, then should have good clear sky view.

Emlid, I wonder if all the radios etc there interfere drastically with the RS units?

The system report you posted, is it from your base? Lora is enabled for base setting in the report.
Do you see any QZS satellites ? What setup are you using for base?
Could you please share .ubx log for rover?
Thanks

I did not have QZS turned on. I will also turn on logging. Thank you.

Strange, your report show you recorded or had QZS enabled and recorded raw.ubx…

I don’t think he can get in TX, QZS, just GPS, GLO, GAL and maybe BDS, not sure if SBS?

chasco, GNSS Radar

yeah, my point too. If you cant use it, turn it off :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

it’s not like he lives on the top of the world and get ALL SOLID GREEN BARS ALL DAY LONG. ; )

Like me you mean? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I’ll have to look again, but I meant to have SBAS on and not QZS. Thanks @timd1971. We get WAAS, which is an SBAS from what I understand?

Ok, I think QZSS is Compass and QZS is just QZS or Beidou
but it also stated you recorded raw log, is that true ?

1 Like

you may need to double check if you can get SBAS?

http://www.taroz.net/GNSS-Radar.html

Hi Michael,

It’s really strange that you have only float in such conditions. It would be very interesting to take a look at your logs.

1 Like

Here is a link to some logs from two different sessions. I had fix briefly on the 1600h survey using Reachview and the 2100h was a survey with Topcon Magnet. I finally got everything to “work”! With Magnet I was able to use our actual project localization, but I didn’t have much time so my shots were on about 45-60 seconds on float. I was still able to stake back to the points within 5-10cm on all axis.

Emlid 092718 ML

It seems like maybe I am having the most trouble when I set the base manually?

From the brief look i had at your log, glonass seems to give you bad signals.
Glonass is all red flagged in the rover.

Doesn’t surprise me. I wonder why the Reach has this issue when we have a strong glonass constellation in the Hiper V Topcons…:unamused:

Hmmm, that sounds familiar: GLONASS outtage, GPS fine, what went wrong? - #12 by wizprod

2 Likes

We do not have this issue in central US.

You may have something amiss in your settings etc. I have the non-plus Reach RS units which shouldn’t make a difference.

Being at a wide open airport, that wouldn’t be the problem for clear sky view…but wonder if any ElectroMagnetic Interference (EMI, EFI, RFI) at the site is causing problems?

Maybe try another location… you should be able to use GLONASS…seems really need it along with GPS etc to get a quicker fix etc anyways. I couldn’t imagine not being abale to use GLONASS and not being able to get cm accuracy because I couldn’t…would defeat the purpose of using the Emlids.

You’ve all got access to my logs and I’ve made sure that my settings match all the documentation available. I’ve been at several different sites within 100 Mi radius of Austin and have never been able to acquire a solid fix. The one time I did receive an acceptable fix was with glonass off. Not sure what else to say from there. I keep trying but it’s not getting any better. At least I was able to shoot with magnet fairly well yesterday…

Signal strenght is not equal with good signal.
Yours is strong too but its not good to use for your session.
A RTK L1/l2 might sort it out, but when i process these red glonass files i get a solid fix but i do get better result without glonass.
I would investigate the red flagged glonass further. Not sure where this error comes from

1 Like