Issue with getting fix

What about the manual base coordinates? Is there any other settings change that needs to happen in order to use that?

Your topic is long, could you recap base setting?
Your own?, RS+ for base ? etc

2 Likes

Sure, I will do that. Good news is that since I was at a different location I ran through the normal troubleshooting of trying different combinations of constellations and while doing that I realize when I clicked on a 4th constellation that forced my data rate to 18kbps. I ended up running on GPS, glonass and Galileo at 9kbps and acquired a solid fix after about 15 minutes. It remained fixed even though I was chomping through various terrain and occasionally had trees in between myself and the base station. Full survey fixed with a topcon fc-500 and magnet field. The best part is I was able to localize to the Ground Control.

1 Like

Hi @michaelL,

I’ve looked into your logs.

This is the satellite visibility from the rover unit:

This screenshot contains base satellite visibility:

There are a lot of cycle slips, that interrupt the signal, on both base and rover logs. It’s not good and it can cause why you couldn’t achieve the fix. It’s more likely there was something in the environment that could influence the satellite signals.

In such conditions, I’d recommend the following:

1. Raise base and rover
  2. Spend more time on each point to collect more data
1 Like

Thank you for this! Unfortunately the same condition exists at every job site I’ve gone to within a hundred mile radius of Austin Texas. I am continuing to try, but when I really need to get a job done I resort to shooting at least two minutes per point. I just shot an entire job in that manner and checked into my benchmark from the beginning and was within a tenth of a foot so I’m not too concerned. I’ll upload some more logs from my next project.

Did you try swapping units?

I’ll be at the project in about 15 minutes so if it doesn’t work I am going to try that. Thanks!

1 Like

Allright cool. :blush:

The second job site had better values, but still would not fix so I swapped rolls and got the same results. I’m not sure what good the graph is when I had 15 satellites over 40 and green if it’s not going to fix. Here’s the kicker. About halfway through my survey I got it fixed this was probably an hour down the road. The funny part about that is that when using magnet to survey I have a glitch that it will not let me shoot when fixed. Weird right? We are working on it. I ended up putting the receiver inside my car in between control points to force it to after another 30 minutes or so I put it back on my vehicle mount and it never regain fix for the remainder of the survey. I checked back into my control points and everything was within a tenth of a foot except for the vertical which was 2/10. It was too tense from the topcon control when I left so no surprise.

Hi @michaelL,

Did you make more tests? How is it going?

While they are still not as stable as I like, I am getting more consistent fixes and works well with Reachview. I am having some WiFi issues after the 2.15.4 update, but am on the thread specifically for that. I am also having an issue when using my Topcon FC-500 data collector where it will not shoot a point once I get a fix, but there again I am on an additional thread for that. Thanks for checking back!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.