Emlid Studio Beta

Hopefully, Emlid Studio will add features for time offset (like solution from Tuffwing) and XYZ offset for fixed wing drones that sometimes the antenna is not at top of the camera. Thank Emlid Team so much for this software development.

5 Likes

a good update notification

Hi

is it possible to post process a kinematic acquistion with Emlid Studio (using rinex from base station )?

thx

Francesco

Hi Francesco_sisani

BlockquoteHi
I tried to pos process a static acquisition done with the OLD Reach (L1) but when I tried to upload the rinex downloaded from base station (http://147.162.229.63/Web/page.php?pid=showgps&gid=2&chain=6) the tool didn’t recognize the format

Maybe the compression *.d(hatanaka) be a problem. Convert to RINEX data to test.

Best Regards.

Hi mate,
Would you mind sending me a message so that I can ask you a few questions about SurvCE?
Kind regards,
James

Please publish the Linux :penguin: version! I offer to maintain the package for Archlinux through AUR.

4 Likes

Hi Bernardo,

Emlid Studio supports CSV project files exported from ReachView 3.

Hi Gabriel,

It shouldn’t be like that, we’ll definitely fix it in the next release.

Thanks a lot for trying out Emlid Studio and for the feedback!

2 Likes

emstu

1 Like

Try installing the latest package from here. It solved the problem for me.

Hi! I’m sorry for the delayed reply!

Your data will help us investigate this issue. I’ll be grateful if you send it to me in a personal message.

Hi, @a.billault, @Doppler_Uav!

The corrected CSV file contains -nan fields if the values in .pos file don’t match the Data quality filter set in the Project from ReachView3 section.

E.g. if you set only Fix in Data quality filter, then all the Single and Float coordinates from .pos file will be ignored during the S&G processing. Thus the collected point will have -nan in the corrected CSV file if it doesn’t have corresponding Fix values in the .pos file.

Hi Ivan
thanks…
it wierd as i the RTK csv file those pts have been survey in FIX mode.
meaning that the PPK algo in EMLID STUDIO is not as tolerant as the RTK algo in RS2 ?
antoine

Hi Iván, I have been processing files from a friend stop & go from an RS + and after the post-processing with Emlid Studio I do not get any graph of points, if the file with the processed points fixed. In RS2 I see the points without any problem and I can load the csv in layer 2. What could be happening?

Hi!

The corrected.csv file looks fine, so I can’t say what could go wrong here.
May I ask you to send me these logs in PM for further investigation of the issue?

Yes wait moment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NE2dCu_yEj_CTgkUW5_Brpgwpq6H3fUT/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you all for the feedback! Just want to let you know that we’re collecting all the feature requests and reports you share.

Yes, the Emlid Studio Stop&Go feature is designed for CSV from ReachView 3. Also, it doesn’t matter which mode (Kinematic or Statis) was set in GNSS settings while surveying.

If I get you correctly, yes, you can post-process logs in kinematic. However, Emlid Studio can’t download logs from NTRIP reference stations at the moment.

2 Likes

Hi Antoine,

For Reach RS2, RTK and PPK results indeed may differ. The final result you have depends on the settings you used in PPK and RTK and logs quality. So, if you don’t get a FIx in Stop&Go, you can try to play with the settings in Emlid Studio. If you need help with logs analysis, please let me know.

2 Likes

Hello everyone!

We have released the updated Emlid Studio Beta – v1-beta-7!
We are working on improvements and bug fixes and your feedback makes a big impact on the development. Please, continue to report all problems, crashes, glitches, confusing things. Your help is extremely important!

The next time you launch the app, you will be prompted to update it.
Also, the app is available for download via the links:
macOS: Emlid_Studio_v1-beta-7.dmg
Windows: Emlid_Studio_v1-beta-7_Setup.exe

What’s new in 1-beta-7:

Changed:

• “Single” is set by default in “Solution for static mode” in PPK settings.
  • Stop & Go: the resulting file contains the latitude and longitude with 8 decimal places precision like in ReachView 3.
  • Date/time fields behavior has been reworked: they provide per date/time unit (year, month, hour, .etc) selection and fill. Also, the mouse selection support has been added to all the text fields.

Fixed:

• The positioning mode is not being reset to Kinematic anymore when removing a rover file.
  • Fixed a bug where progress was displayed incorrectly when using the log duration settings in PPK.
  • Solution types with very few points are now also displayed in the plot legend.
  • Fixed a bug which caused Emlid Studio to stop executing any processing after some period of time.
  • Visual C++ Redistributable installation fixed, no need to manually install it anymore
  • RINEX to RINEX conversion in the same directory is fixed. In this case an index in brackets is added at the end of the basename of the result files.
  • An empty Skyplot appearing after UBX files conversion is fixed.
  • Plot no longer spontaneously changes the scale of the content when switching tabs, and changing the size of the Studio window. Also fixed a bug that caused the right part of the plot to be unresponsive to mouse clicks.
  • Fixed a bug that was the reason that Stop and Go did not support some *.pos file formats.
  • Fixed a bug that prevented the Studio from plotting CSV files with Unicode characters in the name.
  • Various fixes and improvements.

Thank you for your valuable feedback!

17 Likes