Emlid Studio Beta

Hello everyone!

Today we are introducing a beta version of Emlid Studio - our own desktop application for post-processing! It’s designed to make PPK workflow for Reach users more simple and straightforward.

Brief overview

Emlid Studio is a cross-platform app for post-processing based on RTKLIB. It can convert Reach logs between different formats, perform point processing and show results on a plot.

All the post-processing steps in one place!

PPK

In PPK mode, you can process the logs obtained from Reach receivers to get an accurate positioning track.

Rover and Base file slots can handle not only RINEX files but also UBX files. The conversion from UBX to RINEX is performed with the default settings in the background.

Antenna height options can be set using the Edit button. In addition to the height, you can also manually configure the antenna type if it is missing in the RINEX file. In this case, needed offsets for RS+ and RS2 will be applied automatically.

After the processing is finished, you will see the results on the plot. The resulting files can be found using the Show files button.

Stop & Go with ReachView 3

Stop & Go with ReachView 3 mode allows to average the points collected via the ReachView 3 app. The corrected coordinates will be saved in a separate CSV file and appear on the plot.

Using the Layers option, you can plot the positioning track and the collected points on the same canvas.

Convert to RINEX

If the background conversion with the default settings doesn’t give you sufficient results, you can use Convert to RINEX mode to tweak the settings and perform the conversion manually.

Where to get the app

You can download the app using these links:
macOS: https://files.emlid.com/studio/macos/Emlid_Studio_v1-beta-6.dmg
Windows: https://files.emlid.com/studio/windows/Emlid_Studio_v1-beta-6_Setup.exe

Check out our docs to get started!

Feedback

We still have a lot of work to do and plenty of features to implement. In the meantime, we are super excited to share the Emlid Studio Beta with you and look forward to your feedback!

We would appreciate it if you could try Emlid Studio and share your thoughts. Any comments and suggestions are highly valuable!

56 Likes

A post was split to a new topic: Windows version of ReachView 3 app

Great release!!!

Cannot wait to test it.

Can it process Static with Loop and Network Adjustment?

How to do Stop and Go in ReachView 3?

2 Likes

Hi,

Thanks! Don’t hesitate to share your feedback with us :slightly_smiling_face:

For now, only standard base-rover post-processing is available.

We’ve prepared the step-by-step tutorial describing the whole workflow. If you face any difficulties going through it, please let me know.

3 Likes

Could it be used for drone PPK processing to extract event marks?

It could process any Base Rinex files?

Sure.

Yes. Emlid Studio can even read the antenna name from the RINEX header and apply its offset.

2 Likes

downloaded, works great!

Add a geotagging function to geotag PPK marks in the image exif and it will be perfect!

7 Likes

Excelente, estaré probándolo lo mas pronto que pueda, comienzo por descargar y descubrir las funciones, en espera de un videotutorial, donde pueda hacer una descripción e información de los pasos y procesos que se pueden realizar

1 Like

Excellent

Stop & go feature, excellent!!

3 Likes

I really liked this beta version, excellent!
The geotag tool in the drones photos would be very interesting. Congratulations on your work!

4 Likes

This link, in documentation, is out! :grimacing:

2 Likes

Question: is anything done specifically in RV3 to allow RINEX import of the data? Other data collectors allow one to shoot points w/ RTK while also logging RINEX PPK data for said point. A RINEX file is created along with the job file. It would be very cool if the program could use any RINEX data.

Ie. SurvCE
http://survce.com/SurvCE%206.0%20User%20Manual.pdf
p. 170, 372 where you can set the rover to log all kinematic data to RINEX

or

Equip->GPS Rover->Receiver->Advanced->
Check “Log Raw Data to Receiver”
Decide on “Readings Per Point.” Ie. Setting this to 10 would require 10 RTK readings before you could store the point.

Traditionally, surveyors would either create a job where the monuments/control are done while logging RINEX and a separate job for general topo without the RINEX, or they switch back and forth turning it on and off (I use the former as I find it less hassle).

If this allows 3rd party RINEX import, it would be pretty awesome. The problem w/ NRCAN’s PPK upload (well, for me anyway) was that it was always a pain to line up the time stamps w/ the monument to double-check the coordinates. TBC and Carlson’s SurveyGNSS make it much easier to create the RTK data, have said data assigned to a specific point, and then export out the PPK data. They allow you to double-check your coords. With SurvCE, you can take the RTK shot and PPK shot at the same time which greatly cuts down on field time.

If you want to see other processing software examples for inspiration/features, check out ComNav’s Compass (a legal copy is available for free–I can provide it if needed) and CHC’s Geoffice2 (Mark Silver can provide a time-limited evaluation copy if asked).

If the software, eventually, can process baselines that can be exported out to the Least Squares Adjustment (LSA) programs like Starnet, Emlid could do some brisk business for people just looking to have a number of static receivers (ie. drone surveys, route surveys, site control, etc.).

I know I will be watching this thread very closely. Please feel free to contact me if providing raw data to Emlid w/ a combo of RTK and PPK would help development.

Cheers.

6 Likes

to be the first beta very well but I am missing geoid model EGM2008 greetings to all :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Stop & Go con ReachView 3

that in this part after finishing the process one could modify the text of the description of each point and that it can be exported to google earth within Emlid Studio

1 Like

The Stop and Go processing worked great!

3 Likes

Why is static processed as kinematic? Shouldn’t static pos file contain only 1 lat/long/el value? I am getting results for each epoch.

Found the setting for single average output.

Hi Emlid Team,

I processed some files from a previous survey that I had, and these are my very first impressions with Stop & Go feature:

-As I see it seems that only GPS nav file can be used, is that right? It’s necesary that Galileo and Glonass can be used too.

-After processing, I can’t see anything on the “plot”

But if I open the .pos file generated by the Emlid Studio with standard RTkplot I can see the track

-The “corrected” file generated had the coordinates in latitude/longitude. I was using a coordinate system for my Country (Posgar 2007) in East/Northing in RV3. It would be great if the corrected coordinates were in the same coordinate system used in RV3 too.

-I could not find the option to choose different processing options such as frequencies, elevation mask, integer ambiguity res and others that I have in Rtkpost.

-It seems that the Output processing options are “off” since I can not see that info in the generated file. It would be great to had the option to turn it on.

Well that’s my opinions after the fist use. I understand that it’s beta and it will be improved, and I really appreciate that you are working in this software! I’ve been waiting for a Stop & go feature since I have my 2 RS2.

Keep it up and congratulations!

3 Likes

Congratulations team !!! it works perfectly. I tested it with all kinds of static and stop & go files.

11 Likes

Installed and tested in PPK mode. Intuitive and modern interface. Fast, transparent and efficient processing! The generated files are deposited in folders whose location can be defined and redefined. Processing parameters can be changed without problems.

All that’s left is to be able to update the coordinates on the photos or generate a .txt file for further processing; not found that possibility.

6 Likes