Couldn't download Rinex file after updating Reach View3

Hi,

After I updated ReachView 3 yesterday, I got an error message when I tried to download the Rinex File.

I connected to the base using another phone with the older ReachView 3 Version, and I download the file. Therefore, I can presume there’s some incompatibility issue between the new ReachView 3 version and the phone.

Has anybody having the same issue I had?

Screenshot_20211017_165411_com.whatsapp|256x550

1 Like

Hi Rafael,

I’ve just checked that I can download a RINEX log via ReachView 3 6.9. Let’s see what can be the reason for the different results of our tests. I’ll need this info:

• Can you download other logs from the list (UBX, LLH, other RINEX)?

• Is there enough free memory on the mobile device?

• The phone model and Android version you use with the new ReachView 3

• The phone model and Android/iOS version you use with the old ReachView 3. Which ReachView 3 version is it? You can check it in the Profile tab.

• Can you download the log using ReachView 3 6.9 on the second phone? It will help see if the issue is related to the particular mobile device.

• The Reach model you use and the firmware version installed on the receiver

Hi Kseniia, thanks for your reply:

1. I can´t download other UBX and RINEX files as well. I didn´t try to download LLH files.
  2. Yes, there´s lots of free memory.
  3. Ulephone Armor X8. Regarding the android version, the phone isn´t with me right now, I´ll check tomorrow. But It´s probably 10 or 11.
  4. The phone model with the old Reach View 3 has Android Version 10, Huawei P30 Lite (MAR-LX3A)
  5. I´ll send you tomorrow.
  6. I can send you this information tomorrow too.

Thanks,

Rafael Machado

Hi Rafael,

Got it, thanks! Can you share the answers to 5 and 6 now? Also, what’s the ReachView 3 version installed on the Huawei P30 Lite?

Hi kseniia

The android version installed on the Ulephone armor X8 is 10 Same as in the huawei p30 lite.

Base firmware : 27 Beta 1.

I tried to download previous LOG files (UBX, LLH and RINEX), and I can’t download any of them.

ReachView3 version installed on Huawei P30 Lite is 6.8

I didn’t update the ReachView 3 version on the second phone yet. Therefore I don’t know if I’m able to download log files using the new ReachView version on the second phone.

I’ll send you by email a full report log extracted from the base.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

Thanks! I’ll check the report.

I didn’t update the ReachView 3 version on the second phone yet. Therefore I don’t know if I’m able to download log files using the new ReachView version on the second phone.

This info is vital to see if the issue is related to the particular mobile phone, receiver, or the ReachView 3 version. Please share the results once you update the app.

There’s a chance you won’t be able to download logs via ReachView 3 6.9 on the Huawei device. It’ll give us a lot of info for the investigation, but it can be inconvenient, for sure. So, I’d suggest downloading all the important data beforehand.

1 Like

Hi Kseniia,

Is there a way to send me the .apk for the ReachView3 6.8? If there´s some issue and I´m not able to donwload the log files, I can unninstall it and then downgrade from 6.9 to 6.8.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi Rafael,

It’s only possible to upgrade the ReachView 3 version. We don’t support installing the previous versions, so we don’t distribute the .apk for them. That’s why it’s better to save all the essential data for the time of the troubleshooting. But don’t worry, I believe we’ll look into this quickly and determine what happens with the downloads on Ulephone!

1 Like

Hi Kseniia,

Sounds good! I won´t upload because we´re using in a daily routine, and I cannot take the risk of not being able to download log files.

Thanks!

Hi Rafael,

Thanks for explaining your point, I understand it. I’ll discuss all the info we have for now with the team. Hope we’ll see what’s going on here!

Hi Kseniia,

Sounds excellent.

Thanks!

Just wanted to give an update for anyone interested in this case. We are looking into the data from Rafael’s phone now. Since it contains some sensitive info, we moved to email for sharing and discussing it.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Can’t download a log from ReachView 3

A post was split to a new topic: Can’t download RINEX from ReachView 3

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.