Cannot use Precise clocks with RTKpost

I cannot find a way to use precise clocks with RTKclock that works.
Each time I load a .clk (for the correct timeframe), I simply get a Q=0 solution.

I have tried with MGEX product and GPS+GLO only products as well.
MGEX: ftp://cddis.gsfc.nasa.gov/pub/gps/products/mgex/ (more info: http://mgex.igs.org/IGS_MGEX_Products.php )
GPS+GLO: ftp://cddis.nasa.gov/gnss/products (more info: https://kb.igs.org/hc/en-us/articles/115003935351 )

As I see it, this originates in that all suppliers have gone to a 5 min interval from a 15 min interval. RTKpost doesn’t seem to handle this. Problem is I can’t find 15 min products any longer. All have gone to 5 min or faster.

2 Likes

I don’t think you forgot to mark precise orbits

That is selected, and files pointed to.
It is only when “Precise” is chosen that the solution goes Q=0

The files are positively from/for the same date. This happens with all datasets I have tried so far (from many different dates, with their respective clocks).

I use the gnss calendar because it is more practical, sometimes I have problems of Q = 0 but it is because some configuration has been changed.

Can you work with the clks from the sites I have listed above ? Can you try ?

I try later, it’s early here in Argentina :grin:

1 Like

Hi Christian,

Why you don’t use RTKGET ?

RTKGET

I found it very useful!

I do, but this isn’t about the download, but about using the files themselves :smiley:
Can you work with the clk files?

yes I worked before I did not think I had a problem!
I will try.

Let me know how it goes! Would be both weird and nice if it works for you!

Ok I remember that it worked for me and I still gained a few millimeters of accuracy.

Please have another stab at it and let me know. Would be a huge help.

No problem! I will reply ASAP.

1 Like

Let’s keep on topic here. You are most welcome to create a new thread. RTKget is very nice, and not that hard to make work (but it can be frustrating).

3 Likes

I decided to use the same example of post processing seen in link above
I used GNSS Solutions to download precise ephemeris and precise clock files from IGS.
I got almost the same result as seen in a screenshot.

can you try with the MGEX products ?

I think to avoid Q = 0 you have to use both files together, you can not use the file precise clock alone!

Also seen in the RTKLIB manual :slight_smile:

That’s my flow. Always using both.