Can connect phone to reach wifi, but RS2 unit not listed in the app

I have similar connection problems with both my RS+ and M+. My phone is a Samsung S21 ultra and I am using reach view 3 version 7.5. Turning network data on or off does not seem to have an effect on this behavior.

Often, when I try to connect to a unit it will not show up in the list of available receivers, even though I am connected to the receiver’s wifi hotspot. I can get connected eventually by hitting refresh, or closing and re-opening the app several times (often 10 or so times). If that doesn’t seem to be working, I will disconnect from wifi, close the app, re-connect to the wifi hotspot and then it will work. If that fails, a phone re-boot always seems to work. I generally have to go through this process 2-3 times in a day of data collection. I have not had trouble connecting to the receiver via reach panel when I am connected to the wifi hotspot, but I have not tried to do so very often.

I use stop and go in RV3 and also have an issue where the app looses connection with the receiver and I have to re-connect to the receiver before almost every point. Most of the time, the receiver can be found in the receiver menu, so this is just a few clicks to get re-connected. The issue of not being able to find the receiver (previous paragraph) is a much more time-consuming problem.

In general, the receivers have done what I needed them to, but it would be awesome to have these connection issues resolved.

2 Likes

Same problems here, just took the RS2 out of the box this morning! Pretty straightforward instructions aren’t yielding a connection between the RS2 and Reachview 3.

Once the wifi connection occurs to my local network, I am no longer able to connect to the RS2. I can’t see it in the menu of devices to connect to. I have tried most everything in this thread and have an email to support. Hoping we can connect!

Hi David,

I got you! We’ll try to reproduce this issue. Does the same behavior happen when you connect to any other Wi-Fi network?

Hi Myles,

Thanks for the details! So, just to get it right, the same behavior on the same units doesn’t repeat when you use another phone, correct?

Also, can you please update the devices to the latest Reach Firmware 28.4 and check if the issue is still present?

yes it does

Hi @christy.tanner,

Thanks for the report! What Reach Firmware is installed on your Reach devices? Does this behavior repeat when you switch to another phone/tablet?

Hi Jeff,

Welcome to the forum! I can see you’re already in touch with my colleague via email. Let’s keep all of the details in one place there so that we don’t start confusion.

David, got that! Seems like we will need some time to dig deeper into it.

1 Like

Shows up as bluetooth and in browser via ip but not in the app



Hi Polina,

The devices are on firmware 28.4. I had similar issues on my old phone (a pixel 2), but I have not had the problem on an iPad (3rd generation iPad Air, software version 15.1). The issues can be fairly sporadic. Yesterday I didn’t have any problems, but other days I have had to spend a fair amount of time fighting with it.

Dave, got you! We’ll check this out.

1 Like

@christy.tanner, I see, thanks for the details! We’ll need more time to go through it.

Hey everybody,

Just wanted to tell you that we have released a new version of ReachView 3 7.6. In it, we have added significant Wi-Fi scanner improvements. Please update your apps to check if it helps you. We’re all for the updates and feedback!

1 Like

Hi Polina,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. It’s getting busy in the field!

Correct, the issue does not occur on other android phones I’ve tried. The other phones have Android v11 or earlier whereas my phone has v12.

I’ve been having trouble updating the firmare as I can’t seem to find them when I wifi them to the mobile hotspot we’re using here in the field (a Huawei device from Cosmote).

I’m going to try using my phone as a hotspot and connect the emlid and laptop to it and see if i can find the Emlid’s ip

  • Myles

Update!

I saw that the new ReachView 3 version was out and was fortunately in an area where i had data reception.

Updated the app, and things seen to be working well now!

2 Likes

Hi Myles,

I sure get it, things can get really busy in the summer :slight_smile:

Thanks for trying out the update. It’s a joy to learn that the behavior is improved for you!

2 Likes

Hi @polina.buriak

With the RV3 7.6 update it finds my WI-FI from the office router.

I enabled the 5GHz frequency on the router again and the apps work.

In previous versions it was very unstable to find the network and absolutely null if the 5GHz frequency of the router was enabled.

Hi @JAGUERO,

Thanks for the update!

Well, the thing with 5 GHz frequency is that our receivers don’t work with it. Reach RS2 can connect to 2.4 GHz networks. So the instability you faced look related to this fact. We always recommend enabling 2.4 GHz networks only, especially if both networks have the same SSID.

Hi @polina.buriak ,

I understand that the equipment works only with a frequency of 2.4 GHz.

In my case I have an M2 module as a base in the office. With previous versions of ReachView 3 I had to disable the 5 GHz frequency for the apps to find the network and it was still very unstable, sometimes it found it and sometimes it didn’t.

With the last update it works perfectly in my case, even enabling the 5 GHz frequency of the router and it does not interfere.

Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.