Affordable way to integrate Reach M+ with DJI Phantom

I wouldn’t be surprised if the Phantom 5 has LTE connectivity. The vendors that I test for have been talking about it for a year.

@tatiana.andreeva This whole section needs to be moved to a new thread. No way related to the original topic. It’s like click-bait at this point.

Will you integrate a receiver? I think it would be great to have a very light receiver and antenna integrated. I think you could achieve that with only 30 or 40 g added weight which would be very nice.Please post some pictures about the integration into Mavic 2 Pro.

Silly question, but how behave the DJI internal GPS with another GPS antenna on the P4P canopy ?

inside Teodrone we dont use DJI internal GPS. We use another GPS module.

Total GNSS weight for Mavic 2 pro is only 40 gramms.

Thank you for understanding my question, and developing it.
I will be attentive to your results
thanks greetings

Do you use your own module for image capture only, or also for flight/navigation?

Only for image capture and timemark signal for GNSS Reach m+.

How does the P4P GNSS antenna respond to the additional antenna? I assume the DJI antenna is in the top center of the chassis ?

We remove dji antenna. On Teodrone we use only spiral antenna.
After 2.5-3 week I will make video about installation GNSS equipment to Ph4P

So just to state the obvious, the DJI GNSS receiver also use the spiral antenna?

We dont use DJI GNSS receiver. It removes from copter.

Ah, alright, that was what I tried to ask in my original post :smiley:
Does that mean that if we were to connect the Lora module, we would get RTK grade navigation performance ?

No, you can’t.

Can’t to connect the Lora module or the increased navi performance ?

Your Mavic will loose its GPS abilities and you will have to control it manually. That is no big deal, isn’t it?
Very confusing discussion… .

I gotta practice my pattern-flying ! Now, how to ensure that 85% overlap :stuck_out_tongue:

you could scratch a cross hair on the lens and put lines on the ground to guide you… . At least you have downward looking fpv to control the copter…

I hope we get some pictures to understand the magic he is doing.

This thread has become an exclusive advertisement for AShot. It should be split accordingly.

1 Like

Someone should write excited personal messages towards this guy which is advertising its own non Emlid products. :sunglasses::sunglasses:

But it is still very interesting and a promising solution… . I hope Emlid comes up with a (not so expensive please) micro rtk mapping drone.

1 Like