Affordable way to integrate Reach M+ with DJI Phantom

Aha! Actually thought it was based on the M+… no wonder I wouldn’t be able to connect Lora to it!

Someone has a script for that here… :joy:

Indeed, I do not disagree here in regards to the AShot. Just a little housekeeping for the forum.

I think the users here could have something to say about such a machine so I started a thread…

I would not want to remove the factory antenna. Part of the ease of these things is clicking a few buttons and having it fly a mission on its own. Maybe I missed something but that solution would not work for my needs.

That the GPS is not working anymore was just a joke, I don’t think that is the case. Please excuse me @VanavaraDigital.

I see three possibilities:
a) he is removing the original gps and connects Reach to the Phantom/Mavic but it is integrated in a way so that the ports are not accessible from outside so you cannot connect the
Lora module.
b) he is removing the original gps and connects Reach to the Phantom/Mavic but he is using the GPIOs for the Lora module to emulate the messages of the original gps.
c) he does not remove the original gps (why should he anyhow).
d) he is connecting the new antenna to both gps modules and replaces the antenna but not the gps module of the Phantom/Mavic.

Maybe ha can clarify…

I think the products are very promising and that he should continue to present them. They seem to be also Emlid based, I think there was also an misunderstanding because it would be much more convenient to include a ZED-F9P and a SD card on the Ashot board itself.

I actually would be interested in a Mavic 2 Pro solution since I want to buy one for filming and if it is possible to use it for small mapping task to I would consider modifing it. I think I would be interested in a version which offers a plugin solution which I can only moint if need it. Something like the original Ashot but with a socket outside.

2 Likes

I think the more housekeeping will be introduced the more likely it is that I will search for another forum to troll around. I think it is interesting that there are a lot of different ideas are around and Emlid should succeed because they have superior products. Competitors are around anyhow and recently there are really many of them. Housekeeping will not help.

This forum is a valuable source of inspiration for Emlid anyhow, all this ideas which they get on a golden plate… . At the otherhand stupid people like me do free product support, sometimes with more ideas than Emlid itself (maybe not true :sunglasses:). And I don’t now how many people a active here, but I get the impression that I already know everybody… .

And if someone presents his products in detail Emlid can just think about whether they build an improved version of it ir whether the market is to small to care about.

1 Like

https://topodrone.ru/product/drones/mavic-ppk/
https://topodrone.ru/product/ppk/mavic/

Wow, Topodrone has also evolved. Unfortunately I’m still not able to understand Russian. Unfortunately I also do not have the time to learn it, although it would be great to be able to.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Ftopodrone.ru%2Fproduct%2Fdrones%2Fmavic-ppk%2F

https://topodrone.ru/product/uav/vtol/

Are there also some pictures and not only rendered graphics? I would be interested in some picture of the Mavic pro modification workflow.

agree, I was thinking along these lines myself. Being as ashot is for use with reach M+ and mavic will be M+ based it can only tip people over the edge to make an emlid purchase. They should let this thread run wild.

2 Likes

Housekeeping would help us who are interested in the original topic not have to read through allot of BS, especially when it turns into a gripe-fest.

Maybe some offtopic hideaway function (leaving the possibility to open the content for the gripes?) could introduced which will be active when flagged by users and clean up the thread?

1 Like

Emlid regularly splits threads, seems simple enough to give AShot its own and let run wild there. That is all that was meant. Not policing by any means.

2 Likes

Interesting, so is it true that the new housekeeping is starting now?
Or where did this answer go to? Maybe there is a problem with the GPS rollover and someone has a major malfunction?

Why aren’t we seeing the latest post from @VanavaraDigital now?

The rest of their content is still here. This thread doesn’t have much of a point without their input. This product will help sales of reach m+

Yes that is strange, I have seen his post and than it disappeared. I think it is the best product for Reach users with a Phantom 4 and stupid to ban it.

I’m very sorry about the confusion I made in the post above. But I think I already said sorry and made clear that was wrong and made clear that Ashot is a great product based on Emlid devices.

So I ask myself why his posts disappeared. I hope that is not because Emlid wants to copy it or because it hurts the interest of these other Phantom selling guys. I’m not in favor of anyone but I think that is not nice.

Maybe it’s necessary to see that this is a company forum an its better to change over to reddit or gitter?

There are many subreddits with thousands of users, so its a little bit more crowded than here which might save you from getting trolled by me ;-).

Thanks everyone for participation and helping to moderate comments in this thread.

Many of you have already mentioned, that the ongoing discussion doesn’t currently seem to be related to the original topic and it’s becoming hard to follow.

As soon as the initial question was extensively discussed and the solution was offered (thanks to Teodrone for introducing their new product) here, I am closing this thread now to avoid further confusion.

Feel free to create a new one if you have any other questions to discuss!

4 Likes