2w Uhf Radio on Reach M2

hi emlid, i have successfully use 2w uhf radio in my m2 in Serial mode S1 port. i would like to ask which buad rates is best to use in serial mode

1 Like

Congratulations Joseph
Please post some photos and details of your set-up

this is the module. im planning to get 25w of this as base radio. this works in separate power line.

3 Likes

Hi, would you be able to provide more details like name, cost website link?
Thanks, Mark

1 Like

unfortunately the data transmitted was not stable, it get fixed for 60s then later on turned to SINGLE for 60s repeatedly. tested at 19200 buad rate

1 Like

Thanks for sharing.
Please let us know how you are progressing.
Poor LoRa range has been my major complaint with the Emlid units.
Do you connect these to theRS-232 ports?
Curious also to see how you will mount them in the field

what reach model are you using?
if you are using reach rs+ or reach rs2 you might get rs232 to serial port. i believed its available in emlid store. in my case i have to convert rs232 to tll since my m2 is ttl level and and radio is rs232. pay attention with voltage level, the radio requires 5v 2A power so i powered is separately.

1 Like

Sorry. I did not thoroughly read your post title.
I am using RS2 receivers in the field. However, I will be installing a base station with a M2 kit so your info will still be very useful.
Thank you for sharing

if you order you should inform the seller. so if your base station is m2 you will need an max3232 converter or you can tell the seller to customized it to TLL. Rs2 should be RS232, you can buy Db9 cable at emlid store.

1 Like

the problem is the radio is overwhelmed by the data coming from m2 module. try select only gps+glonass.

1 Like

VERY USEFUL.
Thanks again

I use the 2w unit from SOM Survey Instruments, baud rate of 9600, 19200 is too high

2 Likes

it works at 9600 bps. what antenna are you using? can you post pictures

1 Like

Hi there,

Just wanted to leave a small note about the radio configuration: it’s essential to ensure you’ve selected the same baud rate on both the transmitting and receiving end. 9600 bps is one of the most common baud rates and should be enough for sending the corrections. But you should double-check the supported baud rates of your radios because they may not match all the options presented in Reach’s settings.

2 Likes

noted @liudmila.slepova

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Using the base’s external radio with the rover’s internal radio