Which MSM is used with RTCM3.3 NTRIP protocolo with RS2?

I can not find the settings for RTCM3.3 MSMx for the RS2. Should I use MSM4 or MSM7 ?

1 Like

Hi, use MSM4. MSM4 is the one configurable on the base so I assume it works properly.

2 Likes

Hi @aholsteinson,

Reach RS2 can output the following RTCM3 messages:

• 1006 ARP station coordinate
  • 1074 GPS MSM4
  • 1084 GLONASS MSM4
  • 1094 Galileo MSM4
  • 1124 BeiDou MSM4
  • 1230 GLONASS code-phase biases
  • 1004 GPS
  • 1008 Antenna descriptor and Serial Number
  • 1012 GLONASS
  • 1033 Receiver and antenna descriptors

You can see that Reach RS2 doesn’t support MSM7 messages. If you need more info, you can take a look at the Base and Rover setup guide.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your response Elena it would be very useful for end users to expand the RTCM3 tab in RW3 for RS2 to allow users to select RTCM3.0, 3.1. 3.2 or 3.3 and also add the MSM3 and MSM7 selection.

2 Likes

@aholsteinson

I’m always happy to help :slight_smile:

Please tell me why you want to use different versions and types of RTCM3 messages. It’d help me better understand your request.

1 Like

Thanks Elena for your response. We use several different CORS and these have RTCM3 NTRIP version 3.0, 3.1, 3.2MSM3/MSM4 and 3.3MSM7 so it would be great to have a pull down menu to select exactly which RTCM3.x MSMx to use with an specific CORS

Okay, I think I got it. If you’re talking about correction input, you don’t have to configure a specific type of message additionally. Reach receivers can work with RTCM3 messages 3.2 and 3.3. They support MSM4, MSM5, MSM7, and other message types. Indeed, our receivers can’t obtain MSM3. However, supported types are usually enough to work with any CORS without any issue.

If you can’t get corrections from some NTRIP service, please specify which one it was. We’ll see what we can do.

1 Like

Thanks Elena for your response.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.