I installed the power module that came with the Emlid Navio2. Using the latest image from the Emlid website, and ArduCopter 3.4, I configured the settings per the documentation:
I also verified that the LIST of parameters showed:
I get a good voltage reading on the Mission Planner HUD, but the current reading remains at 0.0A even with the motors throttled up.
I must have missed something - what else should I configure?
You have to be pulling a few amps to reading anything. And it will fluctuate. And there may be a bug in which amps/volt is off by factor of ten…
This still persists. Been verified over multiple installs…
Running latest Emlid Raspbian on Navio2/RPi3 with AC 3.4.6
Amps per volt on a 120A current sense with a 3.3v range should be 36.3 Amps per Volt.
Parameter must be set to 363 to read in the neighborhood of correct. Final value based on entering measured value was 340.
Not sure if this is a driver or software issue on the Emlid side, or an error in ArduCopter.
I have a test device that allows me to pull 14 Amps continuous so it’s no…
Still waiting on a response on that one from emlid.
I also am still not getting amps to display. I even tried a new Emlid power module - same result. I tried your work-around by increasing the amps-per-volt factor by 10, and got some small numbers to show up in the 1-4a range, but they fluctuated as you said. Doesn’t seem right.