Using 3DR radio for Base-Rover communication

ok , after passed few hour to test seem to work I have the grey bar on rover

base in tcpip server conf , gps inject working.

but one precision needed

is it necessary to have the original gps of the pixhawk connected , cause on mission planer the message is no gps.

I have the firmware quad provided on your wiki

thks , sucses is near now…

Yes, we recommend using Reach as a second GPS

for the 3dr modem in raw format is it prefered to use 57600 or 38400 in this case

thanks

just a question,

I know now how my config work on the pixhawk with the rtk.

my qestion is concerning the base reach

First I do all the setup configured on the wifi network of my office.

so I use a router to connect each reach base and rover and it’s work.
it was my testing configuration

no I m doing the real final config

so the base reach use the standalone AP by default actived on it

my laptop is connected to this reach via wifi and can see the embedded web
my laptop is connected to the internet via a rj45 tcpip connection ans have access to internet

need to update the web on the reach to the last version

but , when I push update button the reachview on reach is not updating . it look like its work but nothing happen. I try to bridge the 2 network board on my laptop but with no succes.

after refresh my brother , and reboot the reach it alway the stock 0.03 web inside…

when I do the same with the reach connected on a wifi existing network , the update is correct but…

after that there is no posibility to configue the reach with the stand alone AP… maybe there is a bug in the embeded web on the page 192.168.42.1:5000. I can only disactivate wifi for the current session it need to reboot to reactivate wifi.

I try the same thing with my note 4 phone connected to reach by wifi and with a a 4g network same thing

so any idea or any ssh stuff to do

thanks

Is there a way to load manualy reachview 0.3.1 by ssh with putty or else thanks.

Hi,
I think, I had similar problems, when using a laptop, connected via cable to the net (with a USB Ethernet converter).
And, I actually did again a reflash and no update possible on a PC, conntected via cable to the outgoing router and Reach connected via NDIS (192.168.2.15).
The rotating circle seems not really showing any action, its just an animation.
Yes, I do prefer having some more feedback from the base :wink:

I do use now the following configuration for updates with a mobile hotspot, which is connected via WiFi to my router (and internet):
Cable-Router with web-access —> mobile WiFi Router (Huawei E3578) —> to all devices (base, rover, laptop)
On the laptop, I can access and update base and rover.
Helpful software on the laptop is the ‘Wireless network watcher’ from www.nirsoft.net

SO possibly there is a bug in finding the correct path to the web for all possible configurations available…

Yup look the same bug than I have…
If we made the config via a router and if it.s possible to switch the reach in AP stock mode after could resolve the problem…

Maybe a script to modify with ssh to change the network setting

Hi, please some one can post some prints of all options of rover and base config page on reachview app with 3dr radio.

Thanks

1 Like

Elisa Good morning.

Could you please send me a datailed picture about cable connection, because, I could not connect my 3DR radios. I think the problem is de order of cables.

On the other hand, could you send us a preview of you configuration in ReachViewApp (Base and Rover).

Thanks in advanced.

Hi Jorge,

I’m very sorry, I’m read your email just now. Currently I don’t have the Emlids with me but in three day I will be back home so I will be able to help you if you need. I think that it is better if you contact me via mail (then I will publish pictures within the forum as well) in order to avoid missing messages. Please tell me your email, mine is elyuk10@gmail.com.

Elisa

1 Like

Hi!

Isn’t this what you are looking for?

Good Morning Egor.

No, the connection are OK (RX > TX; TX > RX; etc), my problem is I do not get that base transmit data to Rover in ReacViewApp, so I think I have bad configuration of Base or Rover.

Thanks.

Well, the software configuration might be off. Have you tried using your radios without Reach?

Hello Igor.

I don´t know how connect 3DR radios without Reach.

Could you help me?

Hello Igor.

In attachment pictures I am sending you my configuration about Base and Rover. The base module Reach is connected to my PC and Rover is connected to my tablet. The problem is ReachViewApp does not capture the base signal.

When I use 3DRRadio.exe and connect 3DR radio (Ground) to my PC through USB port, It finds a port COM 4 and connect with remote radio, but when I use the USB port to connect Reach (Base), how Can I verify connection with Reach Rober, which is connected to my tablet.

I hope to be clear.

When you are configuring the base, is USB option available?

When you tried verifying the connection via PC, did you send something or just saw that the COM port appeared?

Also, when the base is started, does the LED on the radio blink?

Hello Egor,

Yes, when I connect my Reach, USB option in available, so I put it, and nothing happens.

When connect my 3DR radios, you right, I only see the COM port appeared, but I didn´t send something, so I don´t know if there is communication. This is one of my question, How Can I check connection between 3DR radios.

and… finally, yes, when the base is started, the LED on the radio blink.

Any help, It will be appreciate.

Jorge

When one 3D radio is connected to power the green LED will blink. When you connect the second 3D radio to power both LEDs will stop blinking after a few seconds. If both LEDs stop blinking and the green LEDs stay on then the radios have the same settings and they are ready to send data. If data is moving between the radios the Red LED on both radios will be blinking quickly.

Larry

Please check the radios are sending data as Larry mentioned in the post above.

To check the radios with your computer, you should use a serial terminal app, like RealTerm. Open both COM ports in the app with the same baud rate and try sending/receiving the data between them

I agree, but I think my problem is that I do not have connected un 3DR radio to my USB port, I mean, both radios are conected to Reach modules (Base and Rover). Is this right?, or is necessary that at least one radio is connected to USB port directly?

I hope your help

Thanks.