Using 2 Reach RS in Base/Rover Setup

Does anyone have a detailed guide on this type of setup. I’ve designated one as the “base” and turned on base mode, and matched those settings on the one i designated as a rover. Using the lora radios i am unable to get a fix, and also i return a baseline distance of 7405.242 km, which is inaccurate as i am looking directly at the base and my eyesight is nowhere near that good.

base setup:

rover setup:

currently the units are set up inside, i received the same distance on the baseline when i was setup outside

:rofl:

I would try with the units outside and let the collect data for more then just 1minuts.
Also set base mode to singel or static in continuous mode.
Rover is ok, but tou can use glonass AR on
Also make sure you typed in correct the coordinates of base

i set them up inside to get screenshots of my settings. they had been set up outside prior to this posting (and screenshots) for well over an hour.

Where am i supposed to set base mode for single/static? in the rtk setting on the base?

Would try change the above setting. It should not perform that bad.
If that doesnt work, try averaging base coordinates

i can’t use averaged coordinates, i am set up on a gps benchmark with a fixed position to broadcast corrections to the rover.

It was just to test or rule out any misconfiguration with the manual input.

i am in the states, so what i had entered in manual mode are the state plane coordinates converted to metric (we are super imperial over here). i had tried testing averaged coordinates ealier, and returned a baseline of roughly 7,400km, same results as manual.

Antenna hight set to 1.7xxxxxxxxx with alot of digits. Do you need that kind of accuracy?
Could you try reduce it to x.xxx

im not sure that the accuracy of the antenna height translates to a 7400km distance with the lora radios but i’ll give it a try. And I’m a surveyor, so yes, i need that kind of accuracy

Also change mode to continuous, just for the sake of argument

setting the base to average single does improve the baseline on the rover btw, but does not solve the issue of needing to use a fixed point for my base setup

change the mode to continuous on which unit? the base or rover?

The base in static or singel mode under the RTk menu yes

Rover

Sorry,missed this post. But good, you may now proceed to the next level, setting base with manual coordinates

this is my base setup. seems to be awfully drifty for a base.

and my rover

which also seems to be drifting. they are both set up outside and have been collecting for quite a while

I assume you are aware of multipath and interference.
I would save raw log (on both device) for few minutes and processes it for more details and possible cause for this behavior
Edit: or swap location and see if its reproducible, But suspect this to be a missconfiguration and/or a intereference issue.

i received the same kind of widely varying results using one of the units receiving corrections from a ntrip server as well. its possible that there is a wide array of interference in this area that other hardware providers, such as topcon, carlson and trimble, are not susceptible to. but thus far our emlid’s have been far too inaccurate on both a base/rover setup using lora radios, as well as receiving corrections from a ntrip server to be useful. i’ve yet to try running these units as static then post processing the results.

Yes, L2 would would benefit in challenging situation with multipath etc

So the only time these will be accurate is under absolute perfect conditions? completely open line of sky and nothing on the periphery, no cars or small trees or power lines close by?

XYZ coordinates are in ECEF, so you have entered base position near the center of the Earth. ( Z=5 m)

1 Like

so to use a fixed coordinate i’ll need to do multiple conversions