Updating Reach RS Reveivers not possible. Always a struggle with Reach RS equipment

Good Day All

Hope someone can be of assistance here.

I have been struggling for two days straight to update both my Reach RS receivers.

Last night I did manage to update my Base receiver. But still no luck with the Rover.

I’m updating from V2.11.0 to 2.14.0 but like I said with no luck after struggling with this for two full days now.

The problem is as follows:

I connect to the Reach unit through WiFi with no problems on my smart phone. But the moment I choose to connect to the internet WiFi it does does not connect. It will jump over to internet connection but I then loose the wifi connection from the receiver and it will not open again in Reach View. The blue flashing light also disappear with only a Orange and green light that is permanently on. And like i said the the connection in Reach view also disappear and prevent me from opening in Reach View app.

After reading trough some posts here in the Community forum I cam to the conclusion that a Firmware Flash could solve the problem.

Now this is also impossible to to,

I have followed the Firmware Flash Guide for Reach RS step by step to the point that I need to run the flashall.bat file.

And for some reason my computer does not want to open the file.

There is a window that opens for a split second but then it just closes again. I also get the error saying:

The Code execution cannot proceed because libusb-1-0.dll was not found. Reinstalling the program may fix the problem.

I did reinstall Intel Edison driver three times still whit out lick.

I really hope that there is someone out there that can give me some help and support on this matter.

I am running windows 10 on my computer.

Kind Regards
Nick Grobler.
nick_ads@africamail.com

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Connecting Reach to Wi-Fi