Turnigy 9x and RC receiver

Hi, I have received a Turnigy 9X transmitter from a friend, but he’s lost the receiver.

I was wondering if there would be a compatible RC receiver that already has PPM output that I could buy, or if I should buy the original 9X receiver (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/turnigy-9x-2-4ghz-8ch-receiver-v2.html) + a ppm encoder (https://hobbyking.com/en_us/ppm-encoder-module-hkpilot-32.html).

If I should buy the encoder, I’ve noticed both the encoder and the original 9x receiver have male pins… Do they really need a set of female-female wires to connect to each other? That just seems counter-productive from the manufacure part haha

Thank you for the attention =)

I’d suggest to swap the transmitter module in Turnigy 9x for the one supporting ACCST:

The receiver in the kit outputs SBUS which is supported by Navio2.

That would be a neater setup than using the original receiver with PPM encoder.

Thank you for the fast reply! It does seem neat :slight_smile:
I have to check within the budget though… The kit you mentioned would be over 2x more expensive than getting the original 9x receiver + encoder.

Would you know of cheaper compatible kits? Maybe with less channels? (8 would do just fine… 16 seems a little bit too much haha)

There are cheaper options (like DJT version), but the receivers that come with them in the kit usually don’t support SBUS/PPM.

Got it. Thanks!

I ended up getting the encoder. Is there a schematics that shows how to connect the 9x receiver to the encoder, and the encoder to the navio2 board? I’m mostly concerned about connecting the wires upside down.

Hello there!

Did you manage to solve it on your own. Sorry it’s taken us so long to get back at you.

Yes. Sorry I’ve been abcent for quite a while now.

My turnigy 9x started beeping after a few minutes of use today. Is that an alert for battery or what?

Thank you.

Glad you’re back!

My experience with these devices tells that it can be either low battery issue or turning on whilst having some of the sticks up. What kind of error it produces? A photo or a video can be of help.

A post was split to a new topic: RC Calibration