Trimble FM750 & Emlid Reach RS+ with Ntrip Caster

enable 1033 also

yes definitely . i thought i had thta one turned on, guess not

1 Like

Hi Caleb,

Just want to sum up the workflow and add a couple of notes.

As you have an available RTK subscription and 2 receivers, I see that the easiest way for you is to set your own base in Average Fix.

Then, you can simply work locally with your own base and rover and transmit corrections via Emlid Caster. In this case, all that you need is to provide both units with a stable Internet connection.

Hmm, I am not sure which value is shown on the Fendt display: the number of satellites in view or the ones considered in calculations. So I think it’s better to check the number of satellites in the NMEA message directly.

I’ve also noticed that you use Reach Panel to operate Reach RS2. And I recommend you to try ReachView 3 mobile app instead. ReachView 3 contains a lot of new features and fixes. And we keep working on its improvement!

He will not be able to see this, TSIP or TSIPcan message format on Trimble Ag Receivers to guidance equipment. He can get NMEA if he configures it as an output, for a rate controller though. Not sure if its worth the hassle if it drives straight.

Hi there,

I’m chiming in to this conversation.

Wise words :sweat_smile:

But I also see that the main concern is the difference in the number of sats in view between NTRIP service and Reach RS2 base. It’s ok that two different bases see a different number of satellites. They are placed in different places, different elevation and SNR masks are applied. And these are even not all possible reasons.

Not all satellites the base tracks are used in the calculations. So, a base with 18 sats in view and a base with 12 sats in view may provide the same results after all.

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.