The result of processing raw data is that the positioning flags are floating

This module has been tested many times in recent days, and the data processed are not entirely green. there are points where Q = 1, Q = 2, and Q = 5. The following is a set of data I can provide, please help analyze. I always want to know what is the reason, thank you!base123raw_201803010647_UBX.zip (7.5 MB)
1raw_201803010649_UBX.zip (3.5 MB)

4raw_201803010744_UBX.zip (2.5 MB)
base456raw_201803010743_UBX.zip (6.2 MB)

1 Like

Could you also share systemreport or screenshot of settings used.
And a picture of your setup., First run here looks an issue with noice onboard

1 Like

rover settings

base settings

pos setting
4seting1seting23

ok

I would retry post-processing with Elevation mask reduced to 5, or even zero. Elevation mask is useful for on-ground operations. It significantly reduces skyview for aircrafts.

Other than that, need to check the obs files for cycle slips and actual skyview.

Here is what I’ve done to analyze your logs:

1. Use RTKCONV to convert the UXB filex to RINEX.
  2. Use RTKPLOT to view the .obs file, which contains the observations of GNSS satellites.
  3. Go to RTKPLOT settings and turn on “Cycle slip” to LLI flag.

That’s what I got:

Now you can see the red marks, called cycle slips. These are the moments, when Reach lost track of the satellites. It is ok for some satellites to go out of sight and come back again, especially when the rover is moving. However, here you can see they went out all at once, which is very far from normal and this is exactly what reduces the solution quality.

It’s for you to investigate what happened. Maybe your antenna placement is not perfect, maybe your UAV is noisy, just as @TB_RTK guessed. Maybe it’s some sharp turns that produced this.

1 Like

Maybe interference from an external source? (Any powerful radio transmitters sources nearby?)

I suspect that the power of the noise on the module interference. I have tried to power the module independently, but the results have not improved.

Thank you for your analysis @egor.fedorov 。At that moment,I should try to find the source of the interference or rearrange the antenna.

@TB_RTK @TB_RTK

I think these data are very regular, there may be poor contact with the antenna interface. I will reinforce the antenna for testing. Wait for my good news.

@bide But the base station’s data performance is better

1 Like

@egor.fedorov @TB_RTK Does the speed of the aircraft affect the data?

@egor.fedorov @TB_RTK I re-reinforced the line flight test, the data obtained is not good.
1raw_201803030233_UBX.zip (1.1 MB)
2raw_201803030245_UBX.zip (1.1 MB)
baseraw_201803030226_UBX.zip (2.9 MB)

May I ask what is the requirement on the flight of the aircraft?

@egor.fedorov @TB_RTK This is my log with pixhawk flight。

pitch -17 ~ 8 roll -10~13.Are these values normal?
The following file is my log flight twice.If you have time and are interested, please help analyze.
2018-03-03 13-58-40 25.bin (6.6 MB)

Did you have a picture of how you placed the antenna?
Also where the powersource is and what its shared with

Your latest log show noice all the way up on both rover and base. Did you check solar flare or are you working on a location with alot of interference? what does your base looks like?

The speed should not matter unless we are talking about some kind of drone racing. What matters is the angle to the horizon(how much your drone tilts). The main reason is probably noise from the engines and electronics. I would suggest to mount the antenna higher, like the one on the right

Also see this thread:

@egor.fedorov @TB_RTK Thank you! I try to think about the solution.

I plan to use emlidreach for drone mapping, so I need to test it steady.