The new rpi4 8 gig and Navio Image not working

Hi, i downloaded and flashed your image for use on the new rpi4 8 gig. i receive the following error on boot;

this board requires newer software. get the latest software from Raspberry Pi OS – Raspberry Pi

thats the second photo.

what i also did was to download raspbian os, then build ardupilot (i am using a rover) and i get the error as shown in the first photo.

Hi John,

Could you please share the photos of Navio2 attachment to the Raspberry Pi?

Would it be possible to check your setup with another SD card and follow our guide from scratch?

If you would like to build ardupilot from sources, I would suggest following our guide that could be of help to you.

i have followed all the guides. the image is working on a rpi4 but the 2 gig version- i believe.

Hi,

I have the exact same issue. On my RPi4 model b 8GB the latest emlid raspbian won’t boot, but vanilla raspbian works perfectly. Tried 2 different SD cards, no difference.

Any suggestions?

Hi Guys, i am new to the emlid community and i am trying to setup Raspberry pi 4 model b - 8gb with Navio2. i am running into this problem when trying to boot. i am using etcher to flash image(emlid-raspbian-20191128.img). Please Help

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the reports! It seems like this happens because of the new RAM chip configuration on Raspberry Pi 4 with 8 Gb RAM.

To determine the actual cause of the issue, we’re now trying to reproduce this. Unfortunately, it might take some time as we’re working remotely and getting all of the equipment is tricky. I’ll be in touch once there’s news about it.

The same problem happened to me today – great to see this post when I wanted to send an email. Looking forward to your solutions.

Just wanted to know if there is any updated information.

Hi Jinlei,

We’re still working on this issue. I’ll come back to you once there’s an update.

There are users prepared to compete in Turkey. They are waiting for your new update.They rush to apply for the competition and they are waiting for your news.

Hi Furkan,

We’ll inform you once there is any news about the update.

I have same problem. It’s not boot with PI4 8GB.

I have the same problem with my Pi4 8GB version. Really looking forward to a fix as my thesis is completely dependent on this.

Hi everyone,

We’re still in work on a new image. However, you can now follow the workaround I proposed in this thread to make it work:

unfortunately the screen freezes. putty does not even run the system at all.

Hi Furkan,

Thanks for the report! We’re looking into that.

i tried creating empty file with name “ssh” without .txt extension and i was able to ssh regardless usb ports not working. Give a try it might just work for you. :slightly_smiling_face:

the remedy works.

1. using a regular rpi4 - not the 8 gig version download the navio image.
  2. mount the navio board onto the regular rpi4.
  3. create the sd card with the fresh navio image.
  4. boot the regular rpi4 using the sd card.
  5. do sudo apt-get update.
  6. then do sudo apt-get upgrade. Note: during the ugrade you will be asked if the sensors should be calibrated- select yes.
  7. once completed, remove power from regular rpi4.
  8. unmount navio board from regular rpi4 and mount it onto rpi4 8 gig.
  9. take the sd card from regular rpi4 and place it into rpi4 8gig
  10. apply power to rpi4 8gig.
  11. and watch it boot up.

Hi John,
Thanks a lot for sharing! Could you please let us know which “regular rpi4” you were using? 2 GB or 4 GB version?

5 posts were split to a new topic: RPi 8Gb USB ports don’t work after the reflash