The new rpi4 8 gig and Navio Image not working

So you’re suggesting buying another raspberry pi?! I personally don’t think that should be an option, since I did buy a board already expecting it to work for what I’m using it for…

1 Like

Hi, I too have this problem with rpi 4 8gb ram.

Can rpi zero work to update the OS? Does Navio2 need to be assembled on the rpi to work?

Unfortunately I have no other rpi available except rpi zero.

rpi3 or 4. pi zero not good. you need the navio board connected.

Ok thx!

Is there anyone who solved this problem kind enough to clone the SD card and send me the .img to WeTransfer, Dropbox or Drive?

Otherwise I am forced to get another rpi4. :confused:

Sorry, they should have stated on the actual website where the file is located, so we don’t waste time looking for an answer when there is none. :frowning: honestly very disappointed.

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you a little update on this.

We’re working on the new image that will include the support of RPi 4 8Gb. I’ll inform you as soon as the new version is released.

The workaround we suggested can be applied to the users who moved from the previous version of the RPi board and thus have it at their disposal. Unfortunately, if you don’t have another RPi, you need to wait for the updated image to be released. We’re working on releasing it soon.

The workaround did not work for me and I don’t have another raspberry pi sitting around. Can you please email me the emlid version that includes the workaround that you suggested that could work?

I am begging at this point. Or which version of your raspberry pi 4 (2GB, 4GB) that will work with the NAVIO.

Thank you

Hi Joseph,

I’m afraid that at this point there are no other ways rather than waiting for a supported image. We’re working on the solution to the compatibility issue. I’ll inform you once the new image is released.

As I’ve mentioned in your thread, Navio2 is compatible with RPi 4 with 2GB and 4GB of RAM. Apart from it, you can use the following boards with Navio2:

• Raspberry Pi 3 Model A+
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B
  • Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
  • Raspberry Pi 2 Model B

Hi Dear

i have a working image for rpi4-8gb now. Provide me a link to shared folder on your g-drive and i can clone my sd card and try to help you out.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your patience!

I’d like to tell you that the Navio2’s new image with the support of RPi 4 8GB of RAM is out!

For more details on the fixes and improvements, please check this community forum thread. It’d be great if you shared how it works for you.

2 Likes

Thank you. Can you email it to me at jdolcine@yahoo.com?

Thank You!

This topic was automatically closed 100 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.