The New ReachView 3 is out

Before I touched the arrow and automatically it passed the averaged coordinates to manual and there I could enter the height of the base

Once I have done the average, should I write down the coordinates and then go to manual and enter them with the instrumental height?
the latitude, longitude and ellipsoidal height obtained in the average single are from the phase center of the physical antenna?

1 Like

Oh, I got your confusion now.

No, if you averaged coordinates and wrote them down, you don’t need to enter instrumental height. The height you receive in Average SINGLE mode is the height of the phase center, which includes the instrumental height (I mean, the height of a tripod).

If you want to enter the instrumental height, for some reason, you need to subtract it from the averaged height first. Hope I haven’t caused more confusion :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I understand now !! If for any reason I need the height to put the station back in the same place, I must subtract the height of the instrument!
Thank You Svetlana

In order to avoid confusion, it would be important to be able to enter the instrumental height in the average single. In my case I work very little in altimetry, but very rarely do we have known coordinates. thanks :blush:

3 Likes

Hi everyone and svetlana.nikolenko

May a possibility to take the idea that said agrimgalina to put the instrumental high before to compute the average single coordinate in RTK.
In static exist the options to configure high in the logg

3 Likes

Excellent suggestion, it would be an important implementation for ReachView.

3 Likes

I agree with @bernardo.barraza and @agrimgalina.

being able to insert the instrumental height before averaging to get the actual coordinate in the ground would be very helpful!

5 Likes

You want to have a simple tool to save an averaged base coordinates for further usage: it’s pretty fair.

I’ve seen that Adriano discussed something similar with Elena, my colleague. No one’s feature request will go unnoticed, guys!

10 Likes

Svetlana the instrument height must always be entered prior to measuring or staking out with the RS2 in RW3

Hi @aholsteinson,

Do you mean you want to make this step a required one? I’m afraid it will cause extra difficulties. When should the app ask you to enter the height? Every time you open the project?

1 Like

The typical way to setup a base station in SurvCE is first to measure the base point on the ground and then use the same base point by entering the instrument height in the setup screen.
If you come back to the same site you can use the same point and enter the new instrument height.
This way you can continue the previous work. This can be done with any coordinate system and projection with or without the use of geoid.
With the emlid workflow is not possible to do this.
I personally use the average fixed method to obtain the base coordinates and then connect the rover to the emlid caster but I rarely go back to the same site.

2 Likes

It should be entered every time you create a new project (base antena ARP height as well as rover pole ARP height)

If your project has several jobs, then for each job the app must ask to confirm or change these 2 Antenna Reference Point or ARP heights for the base and rover RTK.

Usually for GNSS the rover pole is a 2 meter fixed height so it doesnt change.

Same would happen if the base RTK uses to set up on the same control point a fixed 2m height tripod.

If a regular adjustable tripod is used then a different ARP has to be entered for each job.

If a CORS GNSS is used as base RTK for several jobs then its CORS height will always the same

1 Like

@vgo195 and @aholsteinson, thanks for sharing your points of view!

I got you regarding instrument height for a base. I think we’ll find a way to store coordinates of the point on the ground. You’ll be able to change the tripod height if needed.

But I’m not sure regarding a rover’s pole height. We didn’t make this filed required on purpose. As you said, it usually doesn’t change. So, in each new project, this value is automatically set the same as in the previous one.

I have been looking for this feature. That way when you setup your base in a spot today, bring it back the next day, everything is the same. Basically recall the previous base data.

Hi

I agree, also in sometime the high its not vertical, and ¿you can include the option to choose between slant height or not?.

Hi Bernando,

For now, we work with vertical heights only. So you need to level off your tripod or pole before entering the height to the app. This seems like a proper way to place the base.

As for the rover and the point collection, we’ll see it out. We get that this can be quite a useful addition to the ReachView’s features :wink:

3 Likes

Hello.
I begin by expressing my total satisfaction with the EMLID equipment in its two versions RS2 and RS +. Also of course with the Reach View 3 update.
But … my post is to comment that I could not make Reach View work on Android 8 or Android 8.1. I ask them if there is any stable version, even if it is older that works on this O.S.
Thanks.

1 Like

Hi Pablo,

Android 8 isn’t that old. ReachView 3 should work on this version. It requires versions higher than 5.1.

What’s happening with ReachView 3 on your phone?

Hi Pablo,

How are you? Your post got me thinking. What phone model do you use?