@TB_RTK first hands-on experience with Reach RS

5 Likes

awesome. just awesome. i try landed this receiver in indonesia. never see anyone using this receiver. here :sunglasses:

7 posts were split to a new topic: Questions about experience using Reach

Small update on this one.
Mounthole on RS has taken fair amount of beating and the adapter is just spinning around in there. Had to glue it and make it permanent 5/8 fit.
used carb cleaner to clean metal but if you love your RS you dont want to use this, it will evaporate the plastic :grimacing:
I spilled few drops on the top and made a total mess.

:frowning:

2 Likes

4 Likes

pretty spectacular! :norway:

I’ve got a tripod big enough to straddle that cairn of rocks, but it is not fun to carry any distance. I think your method of setting it atop is definitely the way to go.

Yes. That custom hack I got going i only need to drop RS into a fitting spot and internal computer calculates masses within 5feet and determine a perfect XYZ out of this monument.
No more tripod :joy:
Edit: I assume you refer to RS laying in that pile of rock?

Yes, that is what I was referring to.

I also think you can make a lot of money with this hack which can sense the center of mass of any object. :roll_eyes: When it is perfected and you can place Reach RS flat on the earth and get the center of mass and center of rotation, then I predict you have become a very rich man. :grinning:

1 Like

Another how to connect reach to wifi from hotspot mode with reachview app

2 Likes

Another one. How to ssh into reach with filezilla

2 Likes
2 Likes

Did some unintentionall hacking…
Broke a part on the locking thingy (dont ask how)

I desided to upgrade tripod with multipurpose “tools”
-A ReachRS friendly spacer
-A optional locking device

3 Likes

Look it’s a real live version of Autodesk Fusion 360! Thanks to Tore of course!

Just thought i shared how well the RS+ performed with really poor satellite visibility. Well done Emlid (aqs)

3 Likes

Another great video Tore! What is the purpose in having dual units?

1 Like

Thanks.
Easier to see multipath, looks awesome, redundancy if one loose fix and if the other one loose it too, to better orientate and visualy display the rotation of the survey pole. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice vid! Also liked the Ikea pole holder :smiley: !

2 Likes

Patent pending :joy:

2 Likes

10-4. Especially on looks awesome! Loved the camera view looking down the pole, and the music… ok , the whole thing was great! Keep it coming.

2 Likes