Streaming ntrip correction to reach

Is it possible to connect reach via USB to an LTE modem, so as to inject ntrip vrs corrections directly to the reach rover? I want to use it for precise geotagging and am having trouble sending the correction over telemetry. Anybody know if this will work?

Your having as much luck as me. I really don’t think they know.

I agree that connecting to Ntrip server should be a standard configuration for the Reach device, since it is a common use for these types of devices. I am also investigating to determine the details and no luck so far.

It should be possible. Here are some docs https://docs.emlid.com/reach/reachview-link/#ntrip-client

To be honest I wouldn’t mess with the USB LTE modem, unless you have experience with this, and use a LTE hotspot instead. From there connect the Reach to wifi and you are on the internet.

If your doing this for a drone application and still want to use telemetry links you can use a cheap Sik Radio kit and just set a different NetID so it doesn’t clash with the existing drone telemetry link. The Sik radio and RFD900 both support transparent serial link, This also solution works if you want to use your own base station too (2nd reach as a base station).

@mr337 Are you saying that a drone setup should use 2 pairs of SiK radios? One pair for dedicated telemetry and one pair for GPS Inject with a different net ID? I can’t find that in the documentation.

@Gabriel_Padilla Why have you had no luck in integrating ntrip? Is it because the documentation is out of date? and that everything is guesswork?

I use Reach with NTRIP and virtual reference stations (provided by SAPOS in Germany). Works fine on the ground with the hotspot of my handy.

1 Like

Thanks for the replies and advice. I think I’ll get a battery powered 3g wifi modem connect to reach and send it up on the drone. I’ll let you know how I get on.

It isn’t in the docs cause they plan on the user using MissionPlanner to inject the corrections. For the life of me could not get MissionPlanner to run on Linux so opted for a second instead. $40 later and about 15m of configuration and working.

Its not the most elegant solutions, especially related to weight, but for a rover that doesn’t matter to me.

1 Like

Hallo Herr Koller,

ich grĂĽĂźe Sie aus NordthĂĽringen, aus dem Eichsfeld.
Habe mir vor Kurzem auch ein REACH RS gegriffen und habe aber noch Probleme mit den Einstellungen
fĂĽr SAPOS. Habe zwar vom Landesamt die Empfehlungen zum AusfĂĽllen der RTK- Daten bekommen,
aber es klappt nicht.
Wären Sie so freundlich, und geben mir ein paar Tips? Ggf. würden auch screenshots vom Smartphone reichen.
Herzlichen Dank fĂĽr Ihre Hilfe im Voraus!
Viele GrĂĽĂźe,
Thomas MĂĽller

Hi Thomas,

try the following settings in the reach view tab “Correction input”:

Correction Input: On
NTRIP
Adress: 62.225.76.202
Port: 2101
Username: [your sapos username]
Password: [your sapos password]
Mount Point: MAC_3_2G_HE
Format: RTCM3
Send NMEA…: Activated

After connecting output should be:
“Connected to 62.225.76.202/MAC_3_2G_HE”

Hope that will help you,
Dirk

2 Likes

Hi Dirk,

thank you very much, but it doesn’t works.

Thimk the Mount Point is wrong.
HE= Hessen?
We are in ThĂĽringen.
I have to reach the Server in Erfurt.
Think that’s an other adress too.

Hi Thomas,

you are right, the data given in the example are from SAPOS Mount Point Hessen.
I think it’s the best to contact SAPOS Thüringen to get the access data for your region.
It might be helpful to use any NTRIP client to test the connection before trying with reach.

Good luck,
Dirk

You could get something like the Verizon jetpack to put on drone. They even support external antennas so you can mount one on the drone for extended coverage. Battery life in my jetpack is many hours. The reach would be connected to Jetpack via WiFi. And very tiny amount of extra payload weight. Just an idea.

2 posts were split to a new topic: Getting fix with NTRIP corrections

Has anyone tried rtk direct yet for getting rtk corrections?